Cody Rhodes (canon divergent)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cody Rhodes (canon divergent)

Post by Shea on Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:54 am

***Please keep in mind that this Cody Rhodes is canon divergent and has been absent from wrestling since leaving WWE***

Name: Cody Rhodes (Cody Runnels)
Height: 6ft 1 (1.85m)
Weight: 220 lbs (100kg)
Hometown: Marietta, Georgia (currently LA)
Nickname:
Manager: none

ICWA Accomplishments: To fill out when you win a title or major match.
Non-IWCA Accomplishments: Ohio Valley Wrestling (OVW) Heavyweight Champion, 2 time  WWE Intercontinental Champion, 3 time World Tag Team champion, 3 time WWE Tag Team Champion
ICWA Win-Draw-Loss Record: Starts at 0-0-0. First column gets updated when you win, second for draws, third for losses.
Current ICWA Feud: Updates each time your character is in a feud.

Face, Heel, or Tweener: Face
Style of Wrestling: Technical
Gimmick: 'Knight in shining armour'

Finisher: Cross Rhodes (rolling cutter), Beautiful Disaster (springboard roundhouse kick)

Appearance:
(symbol on the side of his pants)

Entrance: His theme is Idina Menzel's 'A hero comes home'.
As he comes out onto the stage, Cody raises a hand in greeting to the audienc, waving to them. He then walks down the ramp, shaking hands with some of the fans. He enters the ring up a set of the steel stairs. Once in, he waves to the crowd again before climbing up onto one of the turnbuckles, where he poses. One hand is curled in a fist, tucked close to his side; the other is raised high in the air as if he's raising a sword.  

Introduction Promo:

The scene opens on someone's living room. It looks fairly clean, however it appears as if someone has been sleeping on the couch; a pillow at one end and a blanket messily thrown over the back. A quiet conversation can be heard from off screen, although the only clear words that are heard are 'you ready?'. After a brief silence, there's a hesitant 'yeah'.
Another few moments pass before someone comes and sits on the couch to face the camera. Cody Rhodes. He glances at the other person who remains off screen, before reaching up to brush a hand through his short hair.

Cody: *clears his throat, resting his hands in his lap before speaking* Uh, it's- It's been a while since I updated the wrestling world on what I'm up to. *he pauses and pulls a face* ...Do I have to do this Casey?

Casey: *still off screen* You asked me to help you with this, remember?

Cody: *sighs* Yeah. Yeah I did.

Casey: *trying to help, prompts him, interviewer training kicking in* You said it's been a while. What have you been up to Cody?

Cody: I... almost wasn't going to update them on this. *he takes a breath to steady his voice* But I think they need to hear it.

Casey: So what was it that had you gone so long?

Cody: *his voice is quiet, but remains steady* I was at home, taking time off. I was done. I've been... depressed.

Casey: The whole time you've been away?

Cody: *responds with a small nod* It was part of why I left WWE. After 'Stardust'. After Dusty- *he blinks a few times, struggling to hold in emotions* After dad passed.

He takes a deep breath, reaching a hand up to wipe his eyes.

Casey: *softly* It's been tough, yeah?

Cody nods again.

Cody: Yeah... My brother - Dustin - has been pretty helpful, but he's got his own family to look after. *he pauses, taking a deep breath* Sorry. Can we stop a moment?

Casey: *understanding* Sure.

The scene fades out for a moment. When it fades back in, Cody looks much more calm and relaxed. He drinks water from a glass before putting it on a coffee table that sits between the couch and the camera before he says anything.

Cody: Thanks for that.

Casey: So... you aren't coming back because you're recovered? *asking for the viewers' sake*

Cody: *shrugs* Honestly? No. I'm not 100% recovered. No one truly is. But I have more good days than bad now. It's just- It's not an easy thing to admit to them. *he lets out a sharp breath* But I think this'll help. Hopefully not just me, but anyone watching the NCWA going through something similar. I think being back in the ring will really help. It's been like a second home. *he smiles a little* To me, and dad.

Casey: I'm guessing you aren't going to be playing your usual style character?

Cody: No! *he shakes his head* God, no. Not right now. Playing a Heel was fun at that point; but I can't. It's just not me. I want to do something I choose. Something that'll help.

Casey: And you found that?

Cody: *nods confidently* I did. I found it through something else that's helped me actually.

Casey: And what was that?

Cody: I had a lot of free time, being out of the WWE. Luckily for me, a beloved series I've grown up with happened to have a new game out. So I spent quite a few hours with that. It made me realise something though, as I went through all the quests: I really like helping people.

Casey: You're going to use that in the NCWA then?

Cody: I am. Too many people these days leave, or just watch or even ignore those who need help. I'm not gonna be another one of them. I'm going to help. If any of the Heels think they are gonna be able to get away with dirty tactics, they better watch out. I will not let them get away with it.

He pauses briefly.

Cody: This time, I'll be the hero.

A grin briefly appears on Cody's face before he gets up and the scene cuts out.
Shea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cody Rhodes (canon divergent)

Post by Admin on Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:25 pm

Welcome to the World Class Division, Cody Rhodes!
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://ncwa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top