National Championship Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3-30-20 Monday Night Revolution (Trenton, New Jersey) Promo Area

+5
Westmore
Wade Barrett
Rae James
Nolee Angle
Kai Anoai
9 posters

Go down

3-30-20 Monday Night Revolution (Trenton, New Jersey) Promo Area Empty 3-30-20 Monday Night Revolution (Trenton, New Jersey) Promo Area

Post by Kai Anoai Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:34 am

Promos are due here no later than midnight on March 31, 2020!

Last edited by Kai Anoai on Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kai Anoai
Kai Anoai
Admin

https://ncwa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

3-30-20 Monday Night Revolution (Trenton, New Jersey) Promo Area Empty Re: 3-30-20 Monday Night Revolution (Trenton, New Jersey) Promo Area

Post by Nolee Angle Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:13 pm

The footage of the NCWA World Class title match from We Are the Weirdo's; Mister plays on the screen in color. As the match continues, the color proceeds to fade until all we see is a black and white shot of Nolee leaving the arena without the title. The camera goes black before coming up in a home gym. In the middle of the gym sits former NCWA World Class Champion Nolee Angle. Her hair is pulled into a tight ponytail at the top of her head. She wears a black tanktop with the American flag across it with gray shorts and matching gray shorts. She doesn't look at the camera as she begins to speak.

Nolee: Two hundred and twenty days. I was the World Class Champion for two hundred and twenty days. -grits her teeth- It took three people to take it from me. It took Jimmy to challenge me and his two little rats to help him cheat. I thought I had it, but I was wrong.

She growls, running her hands over her face angrily before she stands.

Nolee: So they put me against someone else who just couldn't get the job done. I'll give it to Remy, at least he didn't lose. Then again, what does that say about him? Remy had both Jimmy Jacobs and that girl LIve with him. He still couldn't manage to win. If you have the help, why can't you manage a win? -laughs and shakes her head- Remy let Joey Ryan stop him from capitalizing. Joey Ryan! For a group of people who pretend to be a terrifying cult, you think you could handle Joey Ryan.

Nolee paces, before turning back to the camera. She licks her lips before she continues.

Nolee: Know what the difference between you and me is, Remy? Self-image. You see yourself as needing the group you surround yourself with. You think you're nothing without them. You're right, but that's irrelevant. Me? I know I'm a queen. The only reason I let Ethan in here to the NCWA with me was because I wanted to make sure I had an insurance policy. I won the title without him; it was just nice to have him around for a while. -shrugs- Haven't seen him since Izzy decided to kidnap him. That's not an issue.

The look in her eyes says that she may not fully believe her own words, but the doubt that lingers for just a moment is replaced with a confident smirk. She tightens her ponytail before she continues.

Nolee: Bring Jacobs and his girl if you want. Bring Jaxx and Jaylee too, if you think it'll help. I'm done playing. I am going to barrel through you with an Angle Slam. Hell, maybe I'll snap your ankle with an Angle Lock. All I know for sure is I'll win. I'll win, and I'll be one step closer to reclaiming my title.

The sound of someone clearing their throat is heard, and the camera moves to show Ethan Carter III. He is sporting a cut on his cheek and what looks to be a small nick from a straight razor to his neck, clothing disheveled and dirty. He crosses to Nolee and tosses his arms around her. Though Nolee hugs Ethan, the happiness does not reach her eyes, which is what we focus on as the scene fades to black.
Nolee Angle
Nolee Angle

Back to top Go down

3-30-20 Monday Night Revolution (Trenton, New Jersey) Promo Area Empty Re: 3-30-20 Monday Night Revolution (Trenton, New Jersey) Promo Area

Post by Rae James Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:06 am

The camera fades in on what looks like an old school dance hall, women in swing dresses dancing with me in three-piece suits. Our attention is drawn to the side of the room where a familiar face sits. Dressed in a white swing dress decorated in red lollipops with her hair perfectly coiffed is Rae James. She watches the dancers, a small smile on her face.

Rae: When they told me I was finally going to be facing off against Rin Takahashi, I was ecstatic. The woman is a legend in Japan! Even before Rin came here, she was towards the top of my to wrestle list. She's one of the deadliest women I've seen in the ring. Hell, she's one of the deadliest people I've seen in the ring. Ever. I guess that's why her career in the NCWA has been so disappointing to me.

Rae glances at the dancers on the floor, scowling as the music changes. She seems to be bothered by the new song "Fly Me to the Moon" by Frank Sinatra. The grip she has on her glass tightens, and she seems to be visibly uncomfortable.

Rae: Sometimes, your opinions on things, on people, can sour. Yes, Rin is well known for the things she's done in Japan. She was such a great champion when she was a champion. But Rin has wrestled three matches here in NCWA; she's only won one. The closest she's been to a title is when she was Nolee Angle's number one contender. I may not have won the title first, but I won it. I stood out in my division, and I've been booked consistently. I've done something right, apparently.

The song has changed again, this time to "My Way," again a song made famous by Frank Sinatra. It is now evident that the song choice has made her angry. She tosses back the rest of her drink, before signaling over her waiter.

Rae: Yes, I'd like another Tom Collins. Also, if the band could stop playing Sinatra songs, that would be great.

Waiter: I'm sorry, ma'am, but the band is on a set playlist. I'll bring you your Tom Collins, though.

As the waiter leaves, Rae glances at her wrist as if waiting for someone. She looks over at the band before drumming her fingers on the table.

Rae: You know, I remember the promo you cut against Joey Ryan, Rin. You revealed some very personal information. I...Joey was wrong. Being guarded isn't a bad thing. Having your walls up is not a bad thing. I was, and in some ways, I guess I still am, guarded. Having that information held close to you means less people can hurt you with that information. -hesitates- Take my recent relationship for starters. I-

Male voice: Have been having a year of bliss with the most handsome man you've ever met?

Rae turns her head to see Joey Ryan standing nearby. He's dressed in a three-piece suit, his tie decorated with the lollipop design on Rae's dress.

Rae: Or the biggest jerk I've ever met.

Joey: You seem serious about this match with Rin. You worried?

Rae: Not worried, not really. I'm taking the match as seriously as I can, which I wish you would have let me do at the PPV. I didn't need help.

Joey: -waves her off- You needed help. I wasn't letting them hurt you. -softly- I heard you say opinions can sour but...

As Frank Sinatra's "For Once In My Life" begins to play, Joey takes Rae's hand.

Joey: Opinions can change for the better. You changed your opinion on me. You changed your opinion on this song. Hell, before this, I couldn't pay you to step foot in Jersey. Maybe your opinion will change on Rin too?

Rae: -soft smile- You're right. Rin, you may not have proved that you belong as of yet, but now you have the chance. Fight me, beat me, and you can prove to the world that you belong in the NCWA. Go on, Rin. Change our minds.

Joey takes Rae by the hand out to the dancefloor, and we can hear him sing the following words to her as he leads her in the dance.

For once I can say
This is mine you can't take it
As long as I know I have love I can make it
For once in my life, I have someone to love
Rae James
Rae James

Back to top Go down

Post by Shea Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:52 am

Marco Ellis is seen sitting on a chair, much like the steel variety often seen in wrestling matches. He’s dressed in a light grey tank top and sandy coloured camouflage patterned pants and brown combat boots. Dog tags hang around his neck and he has a dark, stubble beard. At first, he looks lost in thought, but after a moment, he looks up at the camera with a smug expression.

Marco: Funny, isn’t it? We just had a pay-per-view themed around a day known for being spooky and scary and yet...the Maverick division’s own ‘spooky’ character was nowhere to be seen, not even backstage. [he scoffs and shakes his head] Where are you, Jacen Westmore? Too scared to show after I messed up your hair? Or are you too embarrassed to show because you lost the title after one match and then got ambushed by me after a win against…ah yes, Desmond Kaine.

Marco smirks and gets up, camera following as he walks. He pauses in front of a banner, featuring the name of an indy wrestling promotion in Dublin, revealing where he is.

Marco: Thought I’d take a trip to get to know my opponent a bit better, seeing as he’s pretty non-existent backstage… I know you don’t openly state which little promotions you started up in back home ‘Des’ [he uses the nickname mockingly], but seeing as it’s a short list of places in your hometown of Dublin, I figured I’d just ask around ‘til I found what I needed. Did you see how easily I got the upper hand over Jacen? How he can’t even show up to work now? Because I sure didn’t forget how easily he made you tap out to his Crucifix. What hope do you have then, of beating me if Jacen took you down so easily? If I hadn’t been stuffed into a match against you boy, I’d have forgotten you even existed!

Marco laughs and shakes his head.

Marco: Well, at least you’ll be a change from the usual trio we get landed with, but likely only because one of them is absent. Just...leave your girlfriend...or whatever she is, out of this. For her own good. I’d prefer not to, but if she dares get in the way of this match, she’ll earn herself a Hades Descent too. Aren’t you ashamed of having to hide behind your girlfriend all the time? Now, I don’t mean that in a negative way towards Scarlett, much like Rae she’s strong...and attractive. [a smile slowly spreads across his face] ...but what does that suggest for you Des? Can’t win without her? Too scared to face any of us without a shield? Does she enjoy it? [he lowers his voice] Or...is it that you like your women to keep you safe like your ‘mam’ used to?

He shrugs and heads down a corridor to take a seat for the show.

Marco: If that’s your thing, then so be it, but leave her out of our fight. Your inevitable loss will be embarrassing enough without her trying to protect you…

He waves away the camera, the scene ending.
Shea
Shea

Back to top Go down

Post by Westmore Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:11 am

The camera fades in on the sound of the annoyed voice of Heathens member Jaxx, he stands with his back to the camera. He huffs into the cellphone he's holding as he speaks.

Jaxx: I bloody don't have to tell you where I am and you aren't my Da so I don't need a curfew! I'll be back when I damn well want to be!

With that Jaxx hung up, with a glare on his face he leans against the wall, looking over a nearly empty parking lot. He grumbles to himself before his scowl falls and he grins.

Jaxx: It's about time you two showed up, I've been waiting forever! Harri bach! Owen bach!

Two men walk over, smiles and hugs are shared between the three. The one called Harri chuckles softly, holding out two six packs of beer. The younger one called Owen has a filled plastic bag.

Harri: We figured we'd bring you a taste of home, since you said the cheap American beer tasted Yhc a fi.

Owen: We even brought some crisps and biscuits, figured they didn't have any of your favorite brands in the states.

Jaxx: Damn I've missed you lads, come on you two. I've found a place where we can sit, eat and drink the night away.

Jaxx guides his mates to a small covered alcove, a set of old benches inside. The friends settle, taking a beer each.

Jaxx: lechyd Da.

Harri: lechyd Da.

Owen: Iechyd Da.

The three take a long drink before relaxing in their hideaway.

Harri: So we heard you had a solo match coming up?

Jaxx: Aye, against some bloke from the Bullet Club group. I think it's Arran Mateo? Never really heard of him before, supposedly he's had some title in NXT. No doubt he hasn't heard of me either though, I didn't start out at any of them fancy companies.

Owen: That doesn't change the fact that you're gonna kick his arse though?

Jaxx: Oh course I'm going to kick his arse, who do you think I am? I'm the best arse kicker in all of Swansea! He doesn't stand a chance, not if everything goes to plan. The plan is quite simple as well, I'll use these fists to knock him on his arse. Then I'll pin him and win the match, simple as that.

Harri chuckles and grabs one of the bags of crisps. He opens it before taking one and holding it out for the other's.

Harri: No Jaylee tonight?

Jaxx: Not tonight, needed a break from everybody. The girls still are chopsing with each other, our "new" members are boring and our fearless leader is paranoid thanks to Remy trying to be bloody independent... This is our night, to celebrate your new company and for me to finally get a chance to relax. I'll try and save her some stuff, she's missed the junk food as well.

Owen takes a crisp and leans back.

Owen: We've missed you bach, we've been looking forward to this for weeks. Nothing is going to ruin this night!

Jaxx chuckles and lifts his beer up.

Jaxx: I'll drink to that! Iechyd Da!

The lads grin and lift their drinks, after the toast they fall into easy chatter. The camera starts to fade out, leaving a surprisingly happy Jaxx with his mates.

Westmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Barrett Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:41 pm

Male Voice: Do you know the story of Jekyll and Hyde?

The footage we see before us is a gentleman who looks similar to Wade Barrett standing in front of a set of beakers. He's dressed in a very clean pressed Victorian suit. The man is mixing chemicals in these beakers, picking one up, and looking at it carefully.

Male Voice: Dr. Jekyll was a smart man, but he knew he felt the evil within himself. He took a serum that he created to unleash the beast.

The well dressed figure drinks from the beaker before letting out a guttural sound, dropping behind the counter where the beakers sit. When it stands, it no longer looks like Wade Barrett but instead like Marty Scurll. His clothing is disheveled, and the look in his eyes is cruel.

Male Voice: Thus, Jekyll became Hyde. Whereas Jekyll was meticulous, well-plotted, Hyde was cruel and violent. In most cases, Jekyll and Hyde are simply the undoing of each other. But in some cases...

There is a beautiful woman seen, dressed in the garb of a Victorian prostitute.

Male Voice: In other versions, a woman comes into the picture. The problem is, it never changes. They never last.

The camera cuts to a modern-looking living room, where Wade Barrett sits in his easy chair. He seems at peace, softer than we usually see him. He looks up as the door opens, and Marty Scurll enters, a smirk on his lips.

Marty: I'm sorry I'm late. Had some other things pop up.

Wade: It's quite alright, my friend. I hope the issue is resolved?

Marty: -small chuckle- Well enough. You wanted to get together? Speak of our upcoming bout with Ollipheist, hm?

Wade: Quite right.

Marty: They look like a couple of Thor and Loki cosplaying numpties.

Wade: -stern glance- They are one of the few tag teams in the division we should respect, possibly even the only tag team. Keaton and Terryn are powerful fighters, I've seen them since I was a GM for Defiant. They're strong, with very little that will stop them but...well...

Marty: Well?

Wade: They've never fought you and me, have they? They've known me as a general manager behind the desk, but never as a fighter. They were never in your division at Defiant, so they never fought you.

Marty: Same applies in their direction too, Barrett.

Wade: Ah, but we know more than most. I've seen them train when I was a general manager. I know how they approach their opponents.

Marty: -nods- So. You plan on imparting that knowledge?

Wade: Frequent tags. Both men believe themselves to be the stronger member, so they like to stay in as long as possible. We isolate them, make sure they can't tag in or act. We work limbs, much like your friend Peter Dunne is fond of.

Marty: Joint manipulation is one of my specialties. Let's make them realize we're stronger than they know.

Wade chuckles and nods his head before his eyes finally catch on a shiny pendant around Marty's neck.

Wade: Interesting jewelry. Is...is that a rose?

Marty immediately hides the necklace under his shirt, a small smirk on his lips.

Marty: It's nothing. Now, how about we grab a drink?

Wade stands and gives a nod of his head as the camera fades to black.
Wade Barrett
Wade Barrett

Back to top Go down

Post by Westmore Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:43 am

The camera slowly fades in as Dante Westmore sits drawing, the young wrestler bites at his lip nervously as he looks up.

Dante: I'm not going to lie... This match has me freaking out, Jimmy Havoc... I've got a match against the new champion Jimmy Havoc.

Dante pauses and looks at his artbook, adding another stoke of his pencil to the page.

Dante: Jimmy Havoc is terrifying on his own, but I've also got to deal with Rosemary and their other friend...

He looks up again, seemingly changing the subject.

Dante: I'm sure it's not hard to tell at all, but I am more than a little bit of a nerd. I enjoy video games and comics like almost everyone I know... Recently I was able to replay a game I enjoyed a lot, I think a good amount of people will remember Until Dawn. I'm not much for scary games honestly, but I played it with my best friend Tonio. It's got a fun scary story, starting out like a slasher flick and then turning into a supernatural thriller. I even liked most of the characters... Well besides Emily, but nobody ever seems to like Emily...

He smiles to himself, running a hand through his hair.

Dante: Of course the scariest part of the game was the Windigoes... Terrifying creatures and deadly, unlike anything they had ever faced...

Dante forces a nervous chuckle.

Dante: Just like me, I feel... I feel like I'm facing a pack of Windigoes. Jimmy, Rosemary and Izzy, I think I understand just how dangerous they are together. At least I know I won't be alone out there, Alex wouldn't let me faced that all by myself.

Dante turns the artbook around to show his drawing, a head portrait of Jimmy Havoc. He has drawn him with his mask, but instead of his usual mask it there are long jagged teeth drawn onto it.

Dante: I shouldn't be afraid though, it's possible to beat the monsters in the game and it's possible to defeat Jimmy Havoc. Maybe it's even possible to earn my way up the ladder, get back into the title picture again. I believe winning this match just might help me do it.

Dante smiles softly as he tears out his drawing from his book. He slowly stands and puts his picture where he had just been sitting, walking away from the shot. The camera moves closer to the art before finally starting to fade to black, only the sound of footprints are heard.

Westmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Shea Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:09 am

Rin is seen rising from a computer desk, looking furious. The camera follows as she storms down the corridor of her apartment, Rin pausing in the living area, glancing around as if expecting someone to be there. After a moment, a hand reaches into the frame, carefully grabbing Rin’s arm to turn her around. For a brief moment, Rin looks frightened, but it passes when she seems to recognise the person. The camera moves to show a man, black hair grown passed his chin. He seems to be close in age to Rin and studies her with a soft expression. After a moment, Rin seems to settle a bit.

Rin: [slowly] Shigeru...

Shigeru: I was in bedroom. Heard you stomping down hall. What has upset you?

Rin: I was... work related.

Shigeru: [confused] Japan work or America work?

Rin: America. Anoai’s company.

Shigeru: NCWA? [pauses as she nods] What is wrong?

Rin: I... [she goes to launch into a rant, but looks uncertain] I know you don’t speak a lot of English...

Shigeru: I understand better than I speak. [he gestures for her to continue]

Rin: Right. I watched the promo, uh, the video my opponent did. She...was unkind.

Rin slowly pulls away from Shigeru’s grip, though she does not protest as he follows her to the living area and sits on the same, small sofa as Rin, curled up with his feet hanging over the edge. Rin sits facing him, knees hugged to her chest.

Rin: [sighs] I say she was ‘unkind’, but she wasn’t exactly wrong. Rae James pointed out that I’ve barely been on the show. And won only one of my trio of matches. Despite what Rae thinks though, this lack of matches has nothing to do with doing something ‘right’. [she scoffs] It just so happens that my contract was not quite ended for the place where I still, in fact, have about as many losses there as I have had NCWA matches, despite being there a number of years. That, and selling off the old place...  

She lowers her head, dark hair falling across her face. Shigeru frowns and carefully reaches out to touch Rin’s arm.

Shigeru: You mean the one you owned with...him?

Rin: [responds with a small nod, slowly lifting her head after a bit.] I am glad to be rid of it, but. It was hard going there.

Shigeru: [nods] But now it is done. Never again do you have to go there.

Rin: Very true. [she smiles a little] And as for the whole ‘being guarded’ thing. Yes, it is for a damn good reason. One which I am starting to feel Rae herself would understand. Even showing this... [she gestures to Shigeru and then the camera] Is not something I would normally do. But...I think perhaps necessary when everyone is starting to judge me based on false assumptions. Thinking I do not belong because of fewer appearances or a couple of losses. [she shrugs, looking more determined now] I plan on making those losses minuscule compared to my victory list. Like they were and remain to be in Japan. I will show them why I am called ‘legend’, which even Rae herself stated. I will show her I am just as deadly as I always have been in the ring and not a ‘disappointment’!

Shigeru scoffs, reaching out to gently pull her into a hug. Rin hesitates, glancing at the camera for a moment before giving in and relaxing into his arms.

Shigeru: [quietly, as the scene fades out] You will never be a disappointment...
Shea
Shea

Back to top Go down

Post by Westmore Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:35 pm

The camera fades in on the soft sound of whistling, it's a childish sounding tune. Desmond Kaine is sitting at a table in a quiet room, a large book next to him. He stops humming starts speaking, almost ignoring the camera.

Desmond: Ya know I put a lot of thought into my finisher's name, my St. Patrick Lock. St. Patrick is most known as the man who drove snakes out of my land, it felt more then a wee bit fitting.

He stops and picks up the book, which is Rudyard Kipling's Jungle Book.

Desmond: I bored ye with that little bit of information to talk about my favorite story from this book, though ta be fair I watched the cartoon first. Didn't read the story until my teens, but still I enjoy it. Rikki-Tikki-Tavi. Do ya know the story? About the mongoose who fought Nag and Nagaina? Thought it'd be fitting to compare myself to a mongoose when I'm going against the snake of the division, Marco.

Desmond smirks at his insult.

Desmond: That's what ye turned out to be isn't it Marco? A snake that bites anyone ye can? The elder Westmore lad learned that far too late, but I'm no fool. I know ye can't be trusted at all and I'm not gonna let my guard down. I'd give Scarlett permission to hit me with a clue by four if I do.

He pauses, grinning at someone just off screen.

Desmond: It only took one bite for the Rikki-Tikki to kill Nag, hopefully for you Marco it doesn't take one move for me to beat ye.

Desmond laughs softly and gets up, abandoning the table and his book as the camera fades out.

Westmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Westmore Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:27 am

The camera fades in to the sound of talking, Remy Brooks is sitting in a corner. He has a soft smile as he talks into an ipad, ear buds keeping the conversation one-sided. Despite the smile he seems worn out and he hasn't paid attention to the camera yet.

Remy: Yeah the doc said it's running well right now and I can cut the checkups down to once a month for a while, have to take it easy with the training he said... Yeah I was hoping you could make it to the next appointment... Either of my boyfriends would be nice, both would be preferable... Well both of you would keep me from snapping at him for saying it could suddenly get worse... Yeah I know he's supposed to remind me, but it's not anything I don't know already...

Remy sighs softly and shakes his head no.

Remy: No don't wake him up if he's asleep, you two have been busy... I miss you guys too... I love you too Ky... Tell him I said I love him when he wakes up? Okay... Bye.

He pulls the ear buds out and runs a hand over his face. He is quiet for a moment before finally speaking, his voice low.

Remy: Nolee... Are you done throwing your fit now? Or are you going actually try and hurt me because you lost? It's kind of a dick move you know? Threatening to take me out like that... Not that you'd understand, but I can't afford to get injured. You should really stop and think before you say stupid things, you know? I'm not the one you lost to, so find someone else to direct your temper tantrum at. At least you didn't get screwed over by a third-party in your title match.

Remy shakes his head, a small huff escapes under his breath.

Remy: You know you're a queen? You act more like a spoiled child then a queen. I'm sure you can't imagine it, but my self-esteem isn't as horrible as you think. I'm actually proud of myself, I worked through a lot of issues to be here. Something you really wouldn't understand...

He takes a deep breath.

Remy: Nobody seems to get that I'm going to do this on my own, it's just going to be me there... No Heathens and no Jimmy, just Remy Brooks. Just you wait and see.

Remy shakes his head as he pulls himself to his feet.

Remy: I've got to go and make my own story.

Remy walks away from the camera without another word, leaving the camera to fade out alone.

Westmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Limitless Smiles Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:05 pm

Male Voice: We are outgunned, outmanned, outnumbered, out planned.

The camera comes up on footage of every attack Limitless Smiles has gone through at the hands of DNR. The video plays from the beginning when DNR attacked the team as they won the NCWA Syndicate Championship all the way up to We Are The Weirdo's, Mister where Limitless Smiles have won the number one contendership. The footage then fades to the team sitting around a wooden table together in a dark room. Colt seems to have been the voice we heard since he is the one our camera focuses on first. He's dressed in a white shirt with gold lettering spelling out: "who lives, who dies, who tells your story?".

Colt: We have another chance. Those titles should have stayed ours, we were cheated out of them.

Kelani: Outmanned.
Matt: Outplanned.
Keith: A little of both.

Colt: So Kai is putting you all against individual members. Keith, you're on deck first.

Kelani: Who does he have to go against?

Colt: Parker.

Keith: Can I be real a second? For just a millisecond? Let down my guard and tell you guys how I feel a second?

The camera focuses on Keith and we get a good look at the outfit he wears. The shirt is black with red lettering that says "young", white lettering that says "scrappy" and blue lettering that says "hungry".

Keith: Parker's tough. He's the de facto leader of DNR for a reason, even if they won't admit it. Parker knows his way around that ring like a seasoned pro.

Matt: You are a seasoned pro, bro.

Kelani: So how do you plan on fighting Drew?

Keith: A lotta people tend to focus on our humor so they overlook other things. Like the fact that I'm almost the textbook definition of a behemoth.

Matt: One of the few bros I know who can match Walter in size. You're a beast, bro.

Kelani: -beams- No only is he a beast, Keith can move like nobodies business.

Colt: Big man who moves fast was one of the casting calls I put out to form Limitless Smiles.

Keith rubs his neck and gives a sheepish grin before he continues.

Keith: Shucks guys, you're making me blush. -chuckles- Lani's right, though. I'm a big guy who's light on my feet. I gotta use a mix of this to stop Drew in his tracks. One good shove and I can yeet him into the crowd like I did Adam Cole, bay bay.

Kelani and Matt both laugh at the memory, Keith joining them in their laughter.

Keith: In all seriousness, Parker is going to face me with my comedy in mind. He won't be thinking of the time I stood toe to toe with Walter. He won't be thinking about how I beat monsters like Michael Elgin, Donovan Dijak, and Brian Cage. I know he won't take into consideration how I've beat deathmatch guys like Joey Janela and even our NCWA World Class Champion Jimmy Havoc. I'm good in the ring. Better than they think.

The camera focuses on Matt for a moment. We see that his shirt is a dark purple with gold filigree spelling out "What'd I Miss?".

Matt: Jack, Chuckie, Spike, and Eaver are gonna be there useless as two shits. If they turn around, bend over, Lani and I will show the bros where our shoes fit.

Kelani: Uh, Matt. You don't wear shoes.

Matt: That ain't the point, bro. Point is that Keith ain't gonna have to worry about the outside help. We're gonna fight the bro's off.

The camera focuses fully on Kelani for the first time. Her shirt is a light blue with the words "Suddenly, I'm Helpless" in white lettering. She gently grins and puts a hand over one of Keith's.

Kelani: Long as I'm alive, swear to God you'll never feel so-

The ringing of her phone playing "Aloha Oe" cuts off what Lani was going to say and she answers her phone.

Kelani: Ua e sau iinei? Papa, e le mafai ona e faʻamaoni.

The camera fades out on her face, looking nervous, before going completely black. We hear Keith's voice.

Keith: Trenton. Dawn. Fists. Drawn.

Limitless Smiles

Back to top Go down

Post by Shea Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:39 pm

The scene fades in on Arran Mateo, who is seen in the kitchen of the apartment he shares with Finn. Currently, he appears alone and is busy preparing a meal. As the camera zooms in a bit, it becomes clear that Arran is busy chopping up some leek. He pauses and glances up at the camera with a grin.

Arran: Oh there you are! Bet you’re thinking: What’s he doing? What’s this got to do with his match? [he laughs] Everything. This has everything to do with the match. Why? [he puts aside his knife and reaches for a spare leek he has, currently uncut, which he holds up for the camera] Heard my opponent was that Jaxx Karden kid. He’s Welsh I believe. And y’know what? There’s an old legend about a King Cadwaladr. Cadwaladr of Gwynedd apparently asked his soldiers to identify themselves by wearing this delicious veg on their helmets. Waste of good food if you ask me!

He puts the leek down and leans against the counter, camera angle changing to show him from the front, Arran looking rather thoughtful.

Arran: This is my first match on this show, by myself. I know we didn’t do so great as a group last time, so I definitely don’t want to go messing this up. Tell you the truth, I’m nervous. All the others in the Bullet Club are big names. Me? I’m a rookie who was lucky enough to be scouted by them. Everyone knows who they are. But, as Jaxx so kindly pointed out: he has no idea who I am. Never heard of me. Yeah okay, so you don’t watch mainstream TV, good for you Welsh hipster with your fancy foreign slang. [he laughs] I was on their televised NXT wile I was there y’know, so not knowing me is your own failing. Ever heard of researchin’ your opponents? No? Because I’ve been watching all your NCWA matches and...I’m not that impressed.

He shrugs his shoulders and turns to continue chopping leek.

Arran: You guys are... well you fight a lot. Know you’re all out declaring each other as ‘boring’ and yourselves as ‘independent’. Not a good look for a ‘team’ y’know. I’m starting to think your idea of ‘kicking my ass’ is a bad one. In fact, I’m struggling to see it happening. But...I’m still nervous. Why? Because I’m worried this match’ll be so short that I simply won’t have time to make myself look good! [he grins] I’ll see you in the ring Jaxx; for however long that happens to be.

He grins and waves with his free hand as the scene fades.
Shea
Shea

Back to top Go down

Post by Do Not Resuscitate Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:23 am

[ The camera opens on an empty, unfamiliar bedroom. This isn't one of the lavish hotel rooms where we usually see the members of Do Not Resuscitate. This room is darker, dingier than those we've previously seen. Zooming in on a pile of papers scattered on the desk, we can see several letters addressed to Drew Parker. He emerges from the adjoining bathroom and takes a seat on the bed. His appearance is characteristically neat for the man known as The Urchin Prince. His hair is tied neatly back, his face clean-shaven. He wears a pair of black skinny jeans, a white button-down top, and black boots. He places his right hand quickly over his left as he sits down, staring directly down the lens of the camera. There is no noise from outside the room to indicate the presence of Jack Sexsmith, Chuck Mambo, Spike Trivet, or William Eaver. He is alone. ]

Drew: You know, Keith, I will admit tha' when they told me I was gonna be facin' you in Trenton, at first, I was offended. I was annoyed tha' they were givin' me someone tha' I've already proven I can beat before. [ he smirks ] After all, that's 'ow I go' this pret'y lit'le baby, innit? [ he reaches for the bag containing his Syndicate Division Title at the foot of the bed, holding it up with a grin. He presses a kiss to the metal. ]

While I'm still annoyed tha' I have to deal with you when I have...more important mat'ers at hand, I realize now that what I have in front of me is an opportunity. You see, Keith, in another time, if things had been jus' a lit'le different, I would have loved to have you in our ranks. I'm sure that Jack would have loved it as well. I've always seen you as a man who, while perhaps you got more opportunities than some, I never felt like you were truly being appreciated.

We would have appreciated you, Keith.

This audience may know you for your comedic work, but I'm no fool. You're a technician in the ring, and I know tha'.  What you need to remember is that I am too. I wasn't always The Urchin Prince; I wasn't always the new generation's Jimmy 'avoc. I know my way around my ring better than I know my way around this dump I call a 'ouse.

In Trenton, Keith, you'll see a side of me that hasn't been seen in years. The Boy Next Door may be long dead, but 'e's still got a few tricks up 'is rotting sleeves.

[ He pauses ]

And 'ey, when you're done letting these...piles of garbage in our audience forget how good you really are, give some thought to wha' I said. Together, we could pull the plug on your life as a joke once and for all, and

Do
Not
Resuscitate.

[ He slowly stands, his left hand sliding immediately into his pocket. He sets the title pack down on the bed and heads for the door as the camera cuts to black. ]

Do Not Resuscitate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Havoc Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:49 pm

[ The camera opens on what looks to be the common room of the psychiatric hospital we've come to know. Izzy sits in a chair in the corner; for now, she is alone. The camera zooms in on her for a moment, playing with a silver chain around her neck. At the chain's end is a black charm, a plague doctor's mask. She fidgets with it for a moment, before the familiar hum of Pop Goes the Weasel can be heard approaching down the hall. She tucks it quickly under her t-shirt. ]

Izzy: Rosemarie

Rosemary: Hello, little rose. [ She moves quickly into one of the chairs; all four limbs pulled up onto the cushions. Her movements were quick, almost spiderlike. ]

Izzy: Where is Jimmy?

Rosemary: With the doctor, little rose. He'll be out in a moment. Give him time. Give him time. Time...

[ From the other end of the hall, a door slams, and Jimmy stomps down the hallway, throwing himself into one of the chairs across from the girls. His dark raven hair is mussed as if the doctor had woken him from his sleep. ]

Jimmy: Arrangements are made. Who is it this time again?

Izzy: The lit'le nerdy one. Westmore.

Jimmy: Ah, the gremlin, this will be easy. [ he turns his body toward the camera ] You and I are in very different places, aren't we, Dante? You 'ave everything t' prove, and I, I am in my comfort zone. This match is everything t' you, while f'r me, it's just the beginning of another multi-year reign. I 'ope you lot called Smallman after Weirdos. [ he smirks ] Send 'im my love, would you?

You lot think that I'm some mythical boogeyman, some spooky monster t'be defeated. I've been in this position before. You want t'make me a monster, Dante? You want to play the valiant hero, here to prove himself against the terrifying threat? That's all fine with me. I was made a monster years ago, and you lot haven't let me escape it since.

Fine. I won't fight it anymore. I don't have to fuckin' prove myself t' anyone anymore. You wanna treat me like a monster, that's fine,
[ he stands, inching closer to the camera ], but I can't be held responsible for what I do to you, Dante; for what I do to any of you who decide you want to play the hero.

[ He joins the girls again, pressing a kiss to the top of Rosemary's head, and the camera cuts to black ]
Jimmy Havoc
Jimmy Havoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Shea Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:13 pm

Ollipheist members Terryn and Keaton are seen standing in a grassy garden area, surrounded by seemingly bare hedgerow that reaches their shoulders. Both are in neat, casual attire, Terryn with his long coat he wears to the ring, over a long sleeved shirt and black pants. Keaton looks a bit more formal in a shirt, vest and pants and his blonde hair combed back. Both have their newly won tag team titles over their shoulders.

Terryn: See, I told you they were not real Warriors! [he laughs]

Keaton: No, no. Certainly not worthy of Valhalla, that’s for sure. Didn’t prove too much of a challenge really. Bit of a shame. I’d expected better. [he sighs dramatically] Never mind. Our new opponents will be a real challenge.

Terryn: You think it’ll be hard to win?

Keaton: No. No, no, no. You misunderstand love. By ‘real’ I mean they actually have the skill they claim to have, not a claim they fail to live up to. We were right to have our little send off to the fake warriors and now we fight the true ones. But...

He trails off, looking concerned.

Terryn: [frowns] Cad? ...What?

Keaton: Well, if you paid attention to the other matches, I fear all is not well with Jekyll and Hyde. Got rather tense during the ‘Weirdos’ show. [he frowns] Barrett was good to work under and I quite enjoyed his matches before that. However, I can’t say I’ve ever had the honour of competing against him.

Terryn: No... His punches are known to devastate opponents. And Scurll...

Keaton: Scurll can devastate in different ways if we aren’t careful, whether it be by his signature moves, or his underhanded use of that umbrella. We’d be fools to only consider one of them as a threat, even if they aren’t on the best of terms right now.

Terryn: We have Bancroft to keep an eye out for any sneak attacks, or faked ones like they got Mizanin with.

Keaton: There is another. How is that ‘friend’ of yours doing? The one in security...

Terryn: [grins as he realises what Keaton means] Ah. Sebastian. He is getting better at communicating. I can get in contact with him. Doesn’t hurt to have extra pairs of eyes when you know your opponents aren’t afraid to cheat you out of a win.

Keaton: No, of course not. It is his job after all to make sure things don’t get out of hand around the ring...

Terryn: True, true. No harm in alerting him to a concern related to his work.

Keaton: [shakes his head] Now, I believe we have a meeting with Bancroft. And then...we can go see the Princess.

He smiles as Terryn nods agreement, lingering for a moment after Terryn walks off, spotting a lone red rose that had been hidden by Terryn earlier. Quickly, Keaton snatches the flower from the hedge, studying it briefly before clenching his fist around it. After a moment, Keaton opens his hand and lets the now separated rose petals fly from his hand in a breeze as the scene fades.
Shea
Shea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down