National Championship Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's A Musical Promo Area

+8
Joey Ryan
Limitless Smiles
Rae James
Westmore
Adam Page
Peacock Rock
Nolee Angle
Kai Anoai
12 posters

Go down

It's A Musical Promo Area Empty It's A Musical Promo Area

Post by Kai Anoai Sat May 02, 2020 5:40 pm

Promos are due here no later than June 7th at midnight. Remember, the theme for the ppv is musicals and each promo should make reference to or include a song from an off-off Broadway, West End, off Broadway, or Broadway musical.

Last edited by Kai Anoai on Thu May 28, 2020 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Kai Anoai
Kai Anoai
Admin

https://ncwa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

It's A Musical Promo Area Empty Re: It's A Musical Promo Area

Post by Shea Mon May 04, 2020 5:44 am

Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson is seen sitting on a staircase within someone’s home, his guitar once again in his hands. He is playing the opening notes to ‘Going back to Hogwarts’ from ‘A very Potter musical’. During the tune’s natural pause, he looks up at the camera and grins.

Dwayne: Bet this one’s familiar to a lot of you...

He plays the rest of he intro notes before stopping and softly beginning to sing, his guitar resting on his lap.

Dwayne: Up here on these stairs
I hear the cheers and feel stares of
My daughter, my nephew and my friends

Can't believe how surprised they are
And it stings my lighting scar [he points to a poorly drawn lightning bolt above his right eyebrow, which he raises]
To know that they'll always see me when they’re at work...

I know I don't deserve these
Awesome matches made by Kai Anoai
Here at the Pay-Per-View

Can't take those stupid haters
And despite all of my struggles
I have returned...

He grabs his guitar again, grinning as he plays the upbeat tune.

Dwayne: I'm sick of watchin’ and just waiting around.
Hey, ‘it’s a Musical’, so I'm singin’ this song
Hey it's no mystery, I’m having lots of fun now...

I gotta get back to Wrestling
I gotta get back in the ring
I gotta get myself to New York
Where everybody knows I'm cool

Back to champions and titles, and silly promos
To feuding and joking and to Syndicate belts
That’s not all I want, and it's not for this show
In New York, New York
Yes, I'm really back...

I'll make more friends, gonna laugh 'til we cry
People’s Elbow, gonna hit ‘em all night
Oh yeah, this show, everyone's gonna smile,
And it's gonna be totally awesome

I'll win some hearts, with a grin and the ‘brow
Defeated DIY. Bullet Club, bring it on!
And do it all with my old friend Chris,
'Cause together we're totally awesome...

He stands and descends the stairs leaving his guitar. He turns into a hallway where Chris Jericho is waiting in his ring gear, with the addition of a blue material headband, mimicking the musical’s ‘Ron’ character. He grins widely as he spots Dwayne and the two give a friendly hug before turning back to the camera.

Chris: Yeah, cause together we're totally awesome!
It's been so long, but now you’ve come back
Gonna win the match, gonna have a blast!

Dwayne: With our team together.

Chris: Gonna kick some ass!

Both: And it's gonna be totally awesome!
This year we'll take those titles by force
Rock out all night, and sing up a storm...

It is then that ‘CM Punk’ walks on screen, an otter patronus image on his t-shirt. Unlike his last appearance, this time he joins in, though he’s not exactly signing, closer to reciting the words to the tune.

Phil: But let's not forget that
We need to focus on the task,
If we want to even win this match
I may be grumpy, but I am also smart
Check out my moves, the GTS for a start
What I lack in niceness, I make up in fight
And well guys, yeah, that's totally awesome
This year I plan to win a lot-

Chris: That would be cool if you were actually hot-

Dwayne: [quickly, breaking off the tune] Hey Chris, come on
We're the only friends that he’s got! ...kidding.

Chris: Uh huh, suuuure...

Phil: Yeah Chris. Back off. [mutters] Besides, married.

The other two both quickly turn to look at each other, mouths hanging open in surprise. After a moment, the three of them quickly jump back into the tune.

All: We’re gettin’ back into Wrestling
Gonna Sharknado those fools
We gettin’ back into Wrestling
Where everything is super-coooool

Back to champions and titles, and silly promos
That’s not all we want, and it's not for this show
In New York, New York
We're really coming back...

The scene fades and transitions to one of the trio at an airport. Dwayne is in shorts and a t-shirt that’s printed with a white owl, made up of a pattern similar to his traditional tattoos. Chris is in jeans and a shirt with Joey Richter’s Ron holding a packet of redvines and Phil is in a plain grey hoodie with shorts, but holding a thick book much like the character he’s been representing is known for.

Chris: What have you got there? Another comic book?

Phil: [rolls his eyes] No. I do actually read other things too you know. Besides, it was recommended by someone else on the roster who reads the genre.

Dwayne: [enthusiastically] You guys ready for the match? Excited?

Phil: Duh.

Chris: Hell yeah. We’re gonna kick all their collective asses! [after a stern look from Phil] Uh, well, we’ll see. Maybe not a total ass kicking.

Phil: DIY we’ve already beat, but Bullet Club is deadly in any form. More-so now, I’d say. They’ve collected their best and thrown them all together. Wouldn’t dare underestimate a single one of them, especially not Dia. She’ll kick YOUR ass if you aren’t careful.

Chris: Lovely. We’ll keep an eye out.

Dwayne: Oh hey, speakin’ of ladies, didn’t you say yours was coming?

Phil: Yeah, Vera-

Voice: Did somebody say VERA???

The three turn to look as a blonde haired woman approaches, the camera only showing her top half. She is in a long sleeved, flowing green gown, the colour matching a Slytherin Quidditch robe.

Vera: This year you bet, gonna get back in the ring!
The reign of Vera is drawing near
I'll have an awesome wrestling career
It's gonna be totally awesome...

Phil: [tired sigh] Guys, come on! We're gonna miss the plane...

He crouches by Vera, rising with a small girl in his arms. She has blonde hair, like Vera, but the eyes clearly match his own.

Dwayne: [soft smile, going over to have a look at her] Hey little princess, how old are you?

The girl huffs and turns away, hiding her face against Phil’s shoulder.

Phil: ...like, one and a half, and ready for a nap.

Chris: Ooh. [friendly teasing] Mister grumpy isn’t the grumpiest one here then huh?

Phil: F... [he pauses and glances down at the child before looking back at Chris, substituting what would have otherwise been his usual foul language] ...I’m not that grumpy.

Dwayne: [chuckles] Well, she’s adorable! She gonna watch her daddy and his team win?

Phil: If she’s awake, yes. Keep Bullet Club out the way and we can probably beat DIY easy again. [he glances between the blonde woman and the others] Uh, this is Vera by the way. And Jean. [he glances down at the child in his arms]

Dwayne: [sings to the tune of ‘Billie Jean’] Little Jean looks like her mother, but gives cold looks just like this one- [he gestures to Phil, grinning when Vera laughs]

Vera: Well, you’re not wrong. She really does! [after a moment] I have to ask, what’s with the ‘sharknado’ name for your group finisher?

Chris: [scoffs, pretending to be offended] Have you not seen them? Have you not seen the awesome, ridiculous, gorey, awesome...

Vera: You said that twice. [laughs] And no.

Dwayne: [laughs and puts a hand on Chris’s shoulder] You’ll live. We need to get to New York and win some matches. YOU have two Mister.

Chris: And I’m gonna rock ‘em both! [he grins]

Dwayne: Heyyy, that’s the spirit!

Dwayne, Chris, Vera, Phil: Back to champions and titles, and silly promos
That’s not all I want, and it's not for this show
In New York, New York...

Dwayne: Man, I'm glad I'm back!
Shea
Shea

Back to top Go down

Post by Nolee Angle Fri May 15, 2020 2:00 pm

The camera opens up on the American flag waving in the breeze, the moonlight casting an eerie glow on the scene. Beneath the flag pole stands NCWA star, Nolee Angle. She stands at military parade rest, her legs shoulder length apart, and arms clasped behind her back. Her long blonde hair is pulled into a tight ponytail, a single loose cascading on the front. She wears a long-sleeved form-fitting black top with the sleeves rolled up to the elbows over a pair of black leather pants. We cannot see her face as her gaze is on the ground. A steady drumbeat is heard, a military cadence playing.

Nolee: -to the tune of the drumbeat as if it is a military mantra-
I don't know what you've been told
But American's must fit a mold
There's a war to be fought in this country
Against those that are far too bold

Nolee slowly raises her head, her makeup dark. Her lips are painted a scarlet red, and she smirks, crossing her arms over her chest.

Nolee: -spoken- You are one of those too bold types, aren't you, Dante? Or, at least you like to think so. You're a particular kind of man, a particular kind of American. You may fight for things in that ring, but out of it? You're not the bravest or the brightest the Westmore's have to offer, are you? -smirks- Proof comes with how you refused to see the truth about Jacen and Kai. Big brother's been living with, and probably sleeping with, the boss. And you? You refused to see it. So many peopled tried to tell you, myself included, and you ignored it. Or maybe you saw it and just didn't care because it wasn't your problem with Garthen.

Nolee shakes her head, a hand toying with her loose curl.

Nolee: -the military cadence is in her words again, matching the beat we hear-
Two-party system, left and right
There's only room for right and wrong
It's me or you or you or me
The loudest become the strong
Yeah, we're great again.

Nolee seems to be lost in thought for a second as if trying to find the right way to put what she's going to say.

Nolee: Comes down between you and me a lot, doesn't it, Dante? It was you I pinned to get my title.

There is a flash of emotion in her eyes, but it's hard to tell if it's anger or something else.

Nolee: -licks her lips- I was something then, wasn't I? People cheered for me. They /adored/ me. These days it's "what would her daddy say" or "how far she's fallen". Fallen? I've fallen?

She smacks the flag pole behind her, rage in her eyes. It's as if she is slowly losing grip on herself.

Nolee: I'm not the one who fell! If I was like Dante, me bringing in Ethan to help me would be seen as a good plan. Hell, our boss sleeps with a member of his roster, and it's seen as innocent. But me? Suddenly I'm a slut and a cheater for having Ethan in my corner. I call the three female members of Team Trouble out because I can tell they're a bunch of trash? I'm still a bad guy for doing that. -fist clenched- It's. Not. Fair.

Crystalline blue orbs fill with tears, and Nolee chews her lower lip for a minute. There is something coming to a head, but she doesn't let it out just yet.

Nolee: You want me to be the bad guy? The total stone-cold bitch you all assumed I was from day one? Fine, I'll play. I started before this, actually. -gestures to either side of her- I kicked Ethan to the curb. Found out he was trying to get back with an ex anyways. My second act is going to be to destroy everyone in my path. That starts with you, Dante. I am going to show you all exactly how much of an Angle I am. It just won't be the funny Angle you all expect. If you won't give me your love, I will take it.

Nolee licks her lips, and we can finally tell what the look in her eyes is. It's obsession.

Nolee: Especially you, Jericho.

The camera starts to fade on the moonlit Nolee under the flagpole, but not before we can hear Nolee sing a new song. This one is softer, a little more sensual, but holding a bit more malice.

Nolee: -singing-
You will adore me
I just know
You'll kneel before me
Kiss my toe
I demand your love and worship too
If I don't get it, I will end you
Because I will be adored
Nolee Angle
Nolee Angle

Back to top Go down

Post by Peacock Rock Sat May 16, 2020 5:54 pm

A door opening is heard as the camera opens up on what appears to be a music room. A large bay window is against the left wall, a baby grand piano sitting in front of it. We see the figure entering the room only from the waist up as he sits. It is 1/2 of the NCWA tag team known as Peacock Rock: Rockstar Spud. He's dressed rather conservatively, a departure from his usual look, in a black suit jacket with a black and white tie. He sits in a chair by the piano before checking his watch.

Spud: How are they late? This is their house!

A new figure moves into the room: Dalton Castle's paramour and muse Jordan James. Jordan moves into the piano room, pulling his jacket tightly around himself.

Jordan: I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

Spud gives a kind smile, waving the man off.

Spud: You're alright, Jordan. -puzzled look- Where's your peacock?

Jordan: -chuckles softly- You know he takes forever. Primping and preening and all that.

Spud chuckles and nods, watching as the door opens. Dalton enters the room, looking extremely polished. His jumpsuit is bright cherry red and sparkly, unzipped to his chest. His hair is perfectly brushed long on his shoulders. Tying the look together is a pair of cherry red, patent leather, thigh-high boots. He crosses to the piano and sits on top.

Dalton: Oh, am I late?

Jordan: Fashionably late as always.

Dalton: Nothing's worth doing unless it's done fashionably.

He glances at Spud, a frown on his lips.

Dalton: Where's the color? The flash?

Spud seems to be a little off guard but lets out a breath.

Spud: Just...didn't feel it today.

Jordan: That doesn't seem like you.

Spud seems a little nervous before he finally speaks up.

Spud: Keaton and Teryn had a point. No one sees us as competition. No one takes us seriously.

Dalton looks concerned for his friend and moves to sit next to him, a soft tune leaving his lips.

Dalton: -singing-
Once I was afraid, but then you came along
Put your faith in me, and I was challenged to be strong
When I lost my way, you were there to see me through
Now let Dalton lend some love and do the same for you

Spud: -soft smile- It's nice. What's it from?

Jordan: Oh, he doesn't know! It was a standout of the 2013 season.

Dalton: -chuckles- Surprised you don't know, Spudsy, but long musical short; it's about finding yourself. Being confident in yourself.

Spud: Wait...is it Kinky Boots?

Dalton: Bravissimo!

Jordan: -applauds happily- You got it!

Dalton: It's more than a pretty song, though. Before we met I...I was floundering. I mean, I did have my Jordan, yes, but my career? I had lost my Ring of Honor Championship to Jay Lethal; I was floundering. Then came this bright, brilliant angel of the highest degree. Yes, we had only met once in a bar. Yes, I may have stalked you for a few months after. But I knew that I had something to do. I needed to be tag team champions with someone. With you.

Spud: -surprised- Dalton...

Jordan watches them quietly, fingers caressing the piano keys. Dalton wraps an arm around Spud's shoulder.

Dalton: Your colors don't make you anything but you, and even then, they don't define you. So Teryn and Keaton think we're jokes, so what? I'd rather be a joke with personality than a lifeless cookie-cutter bore. How many teams run with that stuffy Viking gimmick?

Spud: Several.

Dalton: And how many are like us?

Spud: None.

He crosses to sit next to Jordan, smiling at his friend and gesturing to the piano.

Spud: May I?

Jordan slides over on the bench.

Jordan: C'mere.

Spud sits next to Jordan, his hands resting on the keys and playing to the tune that Dalton sung earlier.

Spud: -singing softly-
Never put much faith in anything before
You strut into my life and help me go for something more
Now I stand up for myself
Now I stand out from the crowd
Now I'm standing on high heels if Ethan could see me now!

At this line, we are suddenly aware of Spud's lower half. He wears just a pair of white shorts and the same cherry-red, patent leather, thigh-high boots as Dalton.

Spud: You know, you helped me too, Dalton. That night we met, I was reminded that I was more than Drake Maverick. I was reminded that I am Rockstar Spud. I was a former X-Division Champion in Impact, and I deserve to be a champion here in the NCWA. We deserve to be champions.

Jordan: And you will be. You will be.

Dalton takes his spot on top of the piano, gently cupping Jordan's cheek. He presses a small kiss to the man's forehead before leaning back.

Dalton: We need to just be. There is no use in changing who we are in order to try and impress others. The colors, the panache that is who we are. We're fighters. Teryn and Keaton see these soft boys, but we /aren't/ just soft boys. We've gone against some of the toughest wrestlers in this world and beat the. I won my ROH title off of Cody Rhodes, after all!

Spud: I won my first X-Divison Championship from Low Ki! Low Ki of all people!

Dalton: We're not fragile little flowers. We're not pathetic former champions. We are who we are, what we make of ourselves. And what we will make of ourselves are champions.

Spud+Dalton: -singing in unison-
Just be
Who you wanna be
Never let 'em tell you who you ought to be
Just be
With dignity
Celebrate yourself triumphantly

The scene fades out on the trio sitting happily at the piano, the sunlight streaming in through the window.

Peacock Rock

Back to top Go down

Post by Westmore Wed May 20, 2020 12:44 am

The camera fades in as a woman with vivid red hair walks towards Dante's mentor Alex Shelley, Alex puts aside the tablet he was reading from.

Alex: Hello Mrs. Ana.

Ana: Hello Alex, I'm sorry to bother you, but I need to ask a favor.

Alex: What do you need me to do?

Ana: Dante hasn't come out of his room for a few hours... Could you see if you can talk to him? Make sure he's okay? I think he'll find it easier to talk to his mentor than his mother.

Alex: Of course.

Alex stands up before heading towards a door, covered in drawings. He knocks on the door, waiting while he gets no answer.

Alex: Dante?

There is still no answer as he knocks again.

Alex: Dante? You awake?

He pauses listening, hearing the soft sounds of footsteps. He frowns before getting a small smile as he sings softly.

Alex: Hey Jude, don't make it bad.

He pauses for a moment to see if Dante reacts before continuing.

Alex: Take a sad song and make it better.

Dante's is finally heard giving a huff before speaking softly.

Dante: My name's not Jude...

Alex: I could always sing something else... Dear Prudence, won't come out to play? Dear Prudence, greet the brand new day.

Dante is pouting a little as he opens the door, Alex grins.

Dante: I've opened the door, can I just be Dante again?

Alex: Yes you can Kiddo. So why are you hiding?

Dante bites his lip a little bit.

Dante: I didn't want to bother Jacen while he was talking to his boyfriend so I went to go see what promos were up...

Alex: Ah, I take it that you saw the rage filled one?

Dante: I'm not sure rage is the right word, determination is the better choice... Though I don't understand why it has to be directed at me, Mr. Jericho I get... Crappy ex boyfriend I get... I get that a lot... After...

Dante runs a hand over his face, shaking his head before changing his thought.

Dante: Not the bravest or brightest Westmore... That's not the first time I've heard that said about me... Plenty of bullies used to say and do a lot worse to me, compared me to my brothers all the time... I'm used to that, I'm used to people being jerks... I wasn't trying to lie to her either, Jacen only told us at first that the boss was letting him stay and he really needed to get away from that... Witch who abused him... Jacen deserves someone who really cares about him and I'm happy for my big brother. Maybe especially because my own ex-partner...

Alex starts to say something before Dante continues speaking.

Dante: A path of destruction more often than not ends badly, especially for those that take it... And any changes they make are almost never good... But I'm not a friend who you'd listen to, so I suppose I shouldn't be the one to talk to you about it...

Dante pauses, like he's chasing between thoughts.

Dante: You don't really know what kind of person I am...

Alex: No she doesn't and she never will because she's stuck in a mindset that'll never let her. She's too lost in thoughts of what people may think about her, too angry at the world. It'll probably never change about her, not anywhere across the universe.

Dante nods slowly, Alex wrapping an arm around him before singing again.

Alex: Hey Jude, don't be afraid...

Dante relaxes with a soft huff as the camera slowly fades out.

Westmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Shea Wed May 20, 2020 5:04 am

Keaton is seen sitting in a wooden chair, dressed as King Arthur from the Spamalot musical.  He has an elbow resting on one arm of the chair, chin resting on his hand. Despite his half of the tag team titles resting on his lap, Keaton looks troubled. After a moment, Terryn walks on screen, dressed as Sir Lancelot although he has the hood down. On one shoulder hangs his title and awkwardly hanging onto Terryn’s other arm is a woman with shoulder length brown hair. She’s dressed in a long gown, similar to that of the Lady of the Lake. Terryn clears his throat and Keaton looks up, putting his title aside on the chair as he gets to his feet and crosses the room towards Terryn and the woman.

Keaton: Ah, Agatha has joined us!

Agatha: Yes, I have.

Keaton: And how fares the Princess?

Agatha: [scoffs and rolls her eyes, carefully crossing her arms] Well enough. Honestly, you really don’t have to-

Keaton: I heard you had some news...

Agatha: Later! You have other things to focus on.

Terryn: [teasing] You may as well, he’s already distracted.

Keaton: Oh, so you know?

Terryn: Of course not. But I know you are distracted.

Keaton: Well I- [waves a hand dismissively] More importantly...

He crosses back to the chair, picking up his title before offering the chair to Agatha. Letting go of Terryn, Agatha goes over and carefully sits down.

Keaton: Still sore?

Agatha: A bit. But not so much that I can’t be out and about.

Keaton: So your news then?

Agatha: Found some work with old friends. Not like I used to, but still going to help them. Got to get back on the horse eventual- Ah, but perhaps not literally. Not yet.

Terryn: No, I wouldn’t recommend that.

Agatha: [shrugs] How are you doing by the way?

Keaton: [smirks] Yes, how is ‘Sir Lancelot’ doing, ‘ey? Surely you follow the website?

Terryn: Of course I do! [he brushes a hand through his dark hair] I... was not expecting it, that’s for sure. I had nothing to do with him calling that lot out. Seems ‘Robin’ has a spine after all. Honestly though, I’ll be glad not to have to deal with her lurking around.

Agatha: ‘Lurking?’ Hardly just ‘lurking’ if she’s been putting on like you hurt her!

Terryn: [irritated] Look, just leave it for now, okay?  

Keaton: [holds up his hands in a calming gesture] Alright. Alright love. Later. We do have our match to focus on, as Agatha quite rightly pointed out.

Terryn: Hardly worth the trouble though. One is too worried about himself and his boys. The other couldn’t even stand up for himself. Almost burst into tears. [he shakes his head] Nothing against him, but well...nothing else to say about ‘Sir not appearing in this film’ either.

Keaton: Indeed. It’s a shame we don’t have more worthy opponents, like Jekyll and Hyde, but unfortunately we may not get a chance to do that, by the looks of it.

Terryn: Hm. Maybe we need another send off, like with the Warriors? Where’d they even go?

Keaton: Apparently one’s too busy chasing that tall one who bugs your friend.

Terryn: Oh yes, that bloody Roman Reigns clone.

Agatha: [mutters] Well there’s a good reason for them being similar...

Keaton: Doesn’t matter. After our match, you should invite those friends of yours to our victory party dear. We haven’t met them yet!

Agatha: Of course you haven’t, I’ve not been able to get out, and they’ve been too busy travelling to come ‘round to see me recently. But yes, you’ll meet them soon enough. [she grins before quietly singing]

If you trust in your song
Keep your eyes on the goal
Then the prize you won't fail
That's your grail
That's your grail

[the scene starts slowly fading out]

So be strong
Keep right on
To the end of your song
Do not fail
Find your grail
Find your grail
Find your grail
Shea
Shea

Back to top Go down

Post by Shea Thu May 21, 2020 7:33 pm

Marco Ellis is seen in a semi dark room, lit only by two candles on a large desk and a dim lamp somewhere off screen. There is presumably a seat behind the desk, but it’s not visible. The camera focuses on Marco as he paces, the Israeli totally absorbed by his thoughts. He’s dressed in a dark, hooded jacket, arms behind his back as he moves across the room.

Marco: [muttering] They’re all blind to it. Too foolish to see the bias. Except the Angle girl, who called it out and got shunned, just as I did. What is it with these people? I was once one of the most respected men in our military. When the Mavericks shunned me, they made a mistake! Hades Descent made the Westmore boy pay, but now the girl’s got in the way...

He pauses, staring down at his hands.

Marco: In the match of the night, you will beat her. In the match of the night, Remy will fall too!  [smirks] Ah, revenge will be sweet... As the pieces fall into place, I’ll see them crawl into place. Laterot ltmid, Remy and Rae!

Outside the curtain covered window, thunder rumbles, causing Marco to pause and look up, but the distraction only lasts a moment and he goes back to pacing and muttering.

Marco: Getting called a ‘spy’, I can deal with. Not entirely accurate, but close enough to my old work... But then being tossed aside and treated like a villain for pointing out something that’s true...? Ridiculous! Not the only one it has happened to either. Punishing even the daughter of a legend...

A hand slams down on the desk, causing Marco to stop and quickly turn to look, standing feet together and arms at his sides. Leaning over the desk to study Marco, rolled up sleeves show hints of skull tattoos running up his arms and his hair is close shaved. It is Marco’s mentor, Randy Orton.

Orton: Enough! [he moves from behind the desk, stopping in front of Marco with his arms crossed] She doesn’t matter. I am known as a ‘Legend Killer’, not a Legend Sympathiser. Now, they may have thrown this Remy kid into the match, but you’ve beaten him before, haven’t you? Just get him out of the way quick and forget about him.

Marco: That’s not guaranteed to work, they’re friends. Essentially, it’s a handicap match. They’d both rather let the other have the title, as long as it isn’t me. I don’t see either of them giving up so easily. [scowls] There’s also the chance of another run in with the boss’s pet beforehand. Even without a match I bet he’ll be lurking...

Orton: So it’s hostile grounds. [he shrugs] So what? I’m sure you’re used to that. Hell, I’ve faced whole rosters full of people who hate me, a number of times.

Marco: [grins] Not a problem. It’s a situation where I do my best work, really...

Orton: Soon, they’ll feel their nightmares are real. You will be the Maverick Champion. They can’t deny it if you’ve won it fair. Outlast them. Do what the Westmore claimed he would and destroy them.

Marco: [scoffs] He plays in the shadows, but he has no idea. But he’ll see real darkness soon enough. All those Maverick fools will... But first, is winning that title from Rae. My dear, here’s a sign. It’s the end of the line. That title you hold... WILL be mine!

There is a loud rumble of thunder, both men unfazed by it. Instead, both are smirking as the scene cuts out.
Shea
Shea

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Page Fri May 22, 2020 8:11 pm

It is evident at first glance that we are not in New York. Instead, our setting is rustic. A small log cabin sits in a secluded spot in the woods, quiet and calmer than the hustle and bustle of city life. On the porch sits NCWA Maverick Division star, Adam Page. Adam is dressed in a pair of tight-fitting jeans and a blue button-up top that matches his eyes. On Adam's lap squirms a little bloodhound puppy, while an older bloodhound sits on the other side of him.

Adam: My daddy always said that if ya weren't man enough fer somethin' ya should admit it. Last show against Jacen, I wasn't man enough t' beat him. -licks his upper teeth- I'll admit it, even if I don't like it.

The puppy nips at his fingers, and Adam chuckles, scratching the puppy behind the ears. There is an undeniable rage in his eyes. Adam reaches behind him for a bottle of whiskey, and we can hear the radio playing in the background.

You gotta have the heart for battle, son
Like our forefathers did
You can't be no wet-behind-the-ears.
Snot-nosed little kid

Adam chuckles as the song continues to play, taking another swig of whiskey straight from the bottle. On the second verse, he softly sings along with the music that plays.

Adam: -singing- Does that sound too rough? Well, too bad!
Tough!
Better get ready for more!
That was tame, just the name of the game
What the hell you think we came here for?

A smirk passes on Adam's lips, and he looks back at the camera.

Adam: That leads me t' ya, Desmond Kain. I'm familiar with rich lil boys like ya. Got yerself a pretty lil bodyguard with yer money. Or is it momma an' daddy's money? I've seen guys like ya, known 'em mah whole career. It's...well...boys like ya think this is some kinda game. Ya only get into wrestlin' cuz ya had nothin' better t' do. This? Wrasslin? It's mah passion. It's all I have wanted since I was a kid. I didn't have no one t' pay mah way fer anythin'. I worked fer what I wanted in life. Bet ya ain't never done that.

Adam clears his throat and runs a hand through his hair. The puppy on his lap licks at his chin before Adam leans back. He looks thoughtful before continuing.

Adam: Ya ain't the first spoilt rich boy I've had t' put in his place. I've fought guys like Matt Tave in Ring of Honor, spoilt rich boys who ain't gotta hide behind his lady. Now, I know that I referenced mah daddy already, but there was somethin' he use t' tell me an' something Mr. Lacroix tells me now.

The song plays in the background as Adam croons to the older dog at his side.

Adam: -singing-
If ya can't hunt with the big dogs
You better get out of the way
I ain't come here to make no friends
I didn't come here to play!
You can't get the thrill of the chase and kill
If you're cryin' there in your cups
If you can't hunt with the big dogs
Stay on the porch with the pups.

Adam kisses the top of the older dog's head, giving the puppy a scratch behind the ears.

Adam: "If ya can't hunt with the big dogs, stay on the porch with the pups." Have ya ever hung with the big dogs here, Desmond? Ya have one more win on yer record now, but ya only won cuz Marco got distracted. Any win I get, pretty boy, I am gonna get on mah own. I didn't come here t' make friends. I didn't come here t' be anyone's buddy. I came here t' prove I belong in the world of wrassling, without ties t' a certain stable. Now if ya 'scuse me, Red an' I got plants.

Adam picks up a hunting rifle from behind him, the old dog standing and shaking off as the two head into the woods. We see Harris exit onto the porch, a smirk on his face as he picks up the puppy.
Adam Page
Adam Page

Back to top Go down

Post by Westmore Fri May 22, 2020 8:27 pm

The camera fades in as Desmond Kain walks towards the balcony, he drinks from a beer as he looks out over the city before him.

Desmond: One town's very like another when your head's down over your pieces brother...

He smirks and takes another drink.

Desmond: How true these words turn out for independent wrestlers, wouldn't you agree Adam? We've both been travelling the world for years haven't we? Though you've always travelled with someone. BJ Whitmore, the Bullet Club and your new mentor... Mostly the Bullet Club though, BJ didn't get you a chance to travel to Japan. Surprised they didn't ask you to join? They brought in a new kid instead, did they even ask you? Or were you pushed to the side?

The voice of Scarlett is heard off screen.

Scarlett: Stop stirring up trouble Des...

Desmond: But he's got such a short temper, so easy to use that against him Scar.

Scarlett: Doesn't mean it'll do what you want it to do.

Desmond: Piss him off and cause some chaos? That's exactly what I want it to do, it's fun seeing how it'll get people to react to our matches. Little bit of chaos makes life fun, besides it's not like I'm being stupid about it. I've got the toughest bodyguard in my corner and I'm not too bad in a fight myself.

Scarlett sighs.

Scarlett: You're lucky I'm always on your corner...

Desmond grins and looks back at the city as the camera starts to fade to black.

Desmond: Don't you know when you play at this level it's no ordinary venue. It's Iceland, or the Philippines, or Hastings, or this place!

Westmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Westmore Sat May 23, 2020 12:26 pm

The camera fades in as Jaylee Karden of Heathens leans over a railing, she's looking down at Jimmy Jacobs and Liv. Garthen walks up as she quietly speaks.

Jaylee: He's the patron saint of denial... With an angel face and...

Garthen interrupts her.

Garthen: What are you saying?

Jaylee turns to him and grins.

Jaylee: Just a few words about our St. Jimmy.

Garthen looks confused as Jaylee chuckles.

Jaylee: Nevermind... So has your sweet little boyfriend come to his senses yet?

Garthen: No... He's not talked to me at all... Jacen is ruining my relationship...

Jaylee: Yes he is... Like he ruined poor Gwen's life, she needed him and he left her... He'll mess up sweet little Dante if you're not careful.

Garthen looks away as Jaylee grins.

Jaylee: We'll deal with this soon enough, I've got rock star to deal with this week.

Jaylee shoos Garthen with her hand before addressing the camera.

Jaylee: I doubt you'll be ready for our match though Jericho, you've got your hands full with an angry princess and if the rumors are true some other generational wrestlers. Plus don't you have two matches this time? You've really got a full plate and all I have to worry about is how much fun I'll get to have.

Jaylee smirks at the camera.

Jaylee: Good luck, now I got to go see what St. Jimmy needs from me.

Jaylee walks away from the railing, humming softly as she heads towards her cousin.

Westmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Shea Sun May 24, 2020 9:57 pm

Chris Jericho is seen backstage, dressed in his ring gear and his light up jacket, ready for his match. As he’s walking, Casey Johnson steps in the way, holding up microphone for an interview. Instead of speaking though, his words are sung.

Casey: It's true you joined in a game
And got in a fight?

Chris: [also singing] It’s true. I’m heading out now to beat Jay-lee
It's true you’re with that loud-mouthed one? [he gestures to Miz as he walks on screen, putting a hand on Casey’s shoulder]

Miz: Bit rich when YOU can’t keep quiet, y’know.

Casey: Not now!

Chris goes to respond but turns around when he hears someone approach, finding himself now facing Cody Rhodes.

Cody: [angry] Hey. Who said that you have a say in whose legacy is any good at all?

Casey: Yeah!

Cody: [snaps at Casey] Who said that you should stick your nose in other people's-

Miz: Who said he was talking to you? Pretty sure he was trying to do an interview here Rhodes. Get lost!

Cody: [glares at Chris] Later.

Rhodes and Jericho stare each other down for a moment before Cody turns and leaves.

Casey: [clears his throat] So. You have a match against Jaylee from the Heathens. Are you worried at all?

Chris: [scoffs] Worried about what? That her brother will lurk around and wait to see if I fall out of the ring?

He laughs and steps back, turning to face the camera.

Chris: Girl, I honestly don’t see the rest of your group showing up, except maybe this extra masked girl? But so what? What’s she gonna do to me? YOUR group’s falling apart! Yeah, I have two matches, but so what?

He brushes a hand through his hair before suddenly breaking out into song, a loud rock-ballad.

Chris: AAAAAll your words are nice Jay-lee, but they won’t get you victory!
You’ll never win a title, until you fight for yourself.
You should know!

He heads further down the corridor, leaving Miz and Casey behind. Chris sings again, but in a softer voice this time.

Chris: You think you’ll look cool today.
But please, for your sake!

He stops singing, holding up his hands in an exaggerated shrug.

Chris: Seriously though girl, ‘St Jimmy’? Are you insane? And so what if I have two matches? One’s a team match and the other...well, it’s against you Jaylee. I think I’ll be fine, but thanks for the concern. [he laughs] I’ve been in tougher situations. Try wrestling in Mexico, or Japan. Not through a big name, like WWE, but in their own circuits. Try wrestling in ECW while it was actually extreme! Try beating Shawn Michaels! You’ll be lucky if you even get your hands on an autograph from him, let alone a match against the legend! Try wrestling Kurt Angle! Best you’ll get is that disrespectful brat who’s apparently his daughter...

He waves a hand dismissively.

Chris: But enough of this. I have a match to win.

He waves mockingly at the camera before walking off.
Shea
Shea

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae James Mon May 25, 2020 12:52 am

The montage we see before us is of a familiar face, even if it is full of light, naivety, and hope. We see Maverick Division Champion Rae James from long before she was ever champion, from before she was even a member of the NCWA. This is Rae before she ever won the Cruiserweight Championship in WWE. This is Rae even before she was a wrestler when she was nothing but a manager for Enzo Amore, Big Cass, and her sister Delilah. The montage is backed by a song that matches the footage we see.

She is imperfect, but she tries

We see footage of Rae in the gym with her sister, learning to wrestle. Rae fails a clothesline, but Delly looks forgiving.

She is good, but she lies

We see Rae staring admiringly at her future ex-husband Enzo, but as soon as she is caught, Rae denies it.

She is hard on herself

We see Rae coming through the curtain, Enzo and Cass have lost. She yells angrily as Enzo embraces her in order to try to calm her down.

She is broken and won't ask for help

We see Rae crying in the hotel hallway floor, Delly's arm around her. The footage is set after Rusev and Lana famously attacked Enzo on Raw.

She is messy, but she's kind

Rae is seen in pajama pants with her hair pulled up in a messy bun, but she still stops to hug a fan and pose for a picture.

She is lonely, most of the time

As the rest of the roster goes home, we see Rae still in the gym, staying even when her sister leaves. The footage changes to a shot of a granite kitchen counter as we hear the line, "she is all of this mixed up and baked in a beautiful pie." The camera pans out, and we see that the pie sits on the kitchen counter of Rae James as we hear her softly speak.

Rae: She used to be me.

The champion takes a deep breath, rubbing the back of her neck. This is a lot for her to share, which is made evident by the composure she has. Her hair is pulled up into a messy bun, with her lipstick as the only makeup on her face. Her shirt is a light gray that has the words "she's messy, but she's kind" from the song we just heard during the montage and sits over a pair of blue jeans.

Rae: I...I wasn't always a wrestler. Way back when, I started as a manager. I worked with my sister Delly and our ex-husbands Cass and Enzo. I never intended to be a wrestler. I only ever intended to be a manager. Delly saw something in me and insisted I train. When I did, I found something I loved. I found someone who was reckless, just enough. I now know how to take risks in my private life and personal life that it takes to be champion. I've learned them by living that life. I got hurt along the way, yeah, but I learned how to toughen up. My loveless marriage to a bastard of a man who both bruised and used me taught me an important lesson. You see, the one thing I learned from my marriage was how to value the fire that grew in me, the passion. I'd forgotten how much I needed to value that.

Rae stops, a smirk crossing her red-painted lips.

Rae: Until you reminded me, Marco. Thanks to you, I remember how much I hated being talked down to, how much I hate being made to look like a fool. You've reminded me I need to fight just a little to bring back that fire in my eyes.

Rae stands and paces for a minute, before turning to look at the camera.

Rae: You got one thing right when talking to your "we wear black on Wednesdays" buddy Orton. I'd rather see Remy get this title than you. You are the worst kind of "spy," the one who tells others so they can use the information but won't use it for themselves. Me? I'm not going to let you tell anyone my past or private life in order to hurt me, because I've come to terms with it. Yeah, I'm not the cookie-cutter type, but I learned long ago to raise my right finger and solemnly swear that what people like you say about me, I won't care.

She crosses her arms over her chest and grins, cocking her head to the side. A playful look is in her eyes as she continues.

Rae: He's not my only opponent, though. Marco may be my focus, but you're my opponent too, Remy. We may be friends, but I worked too hard to be the champ. Being the champ is the one thing that I can try to control on my own. You're a good guy, Remy, and I am so glad that you're on your own now. I'm hoping this can show me, show the world, the real Remy. You can put up a fight, sure, and so can Marco. The difference between the three of us is that I've seen both of you in other competitors. Marco is a carbon copy of his mentor. You, Remy, are like a less sure combination of Gargano and Punk. Me? I'm original. My hardships have made me the only one of me in existence. I've raised my right finger to how girls should behave, cause these things that were supposed to break me made me brave. My life here is a life where I'd rather be me. And that me, boys, is still going to be champion.

She picks up the Maverick Division Championship from the counter near where the pie sits, a sneer on her lips.

Rae: And I'd rather be me than ever be someone like you, Marco.

The camera fades out on the glint off of the title.
Rae James
Rae James

Back to top Go down

Post by Limitless Smiles Tue May 26, 2020 8:55 pm

The sound of weights being lifted is heard before the camera ever opens up. When it does, we can see what looks to be a home gym. On the apron of the ring sits Kelani Johnson. Her hair is pulled off her face by a purple band that matches the shirt she wears. The shirt bears the words "I Am Brave, I Am Bruised, I Am Who I'm Meant To Be" in gold writing. Her shorts are the same purple as the shirt and headband. She takes a deep breath, a sad look on her face. The sound of the weights stops, and we see Keith Lee come into frame. Keith's shirt is green and reads "Unimitable Original" in white lettering. He wears his ring gear under the shirt.

Keith: You gonna come train with me?

Kelani: I...

Keith: Big match jitters?

Kelani gives a nod, and Keith sits next to her. His arm wraps around her shoulders, and she leans into his arm.

Kelani: We've fought DNR before. We've beat their team members these last few weeks. Why do I feel like this is different?

Keith: This is for the titles we should never have lost. If we lose this shot, we don't get another...

The two fall into silence as the door to the gym opens. David Starr enters, a soft smile on his lips. He watches the two softly for a minute, before speaking up.

David: Am I interrupting?

Keith: Nah. Lani and I were just talking about the match.

David enters the room fully. His shirt is gray and bears the words "No Day But Today" over a pair of blue jeans. He sits next to Kelani, on the other side than Keith, watching her for a moment.

David: Are...are you scared?

Kelani looks at David lightly, almost as if she doesn't trust him.

Kelani: Last time I trusted someone who wasn't Keith, Matt, or Colt...

David: -frowns- This isn't the Jack I fell in love with. He...-shakes his head- I'd never betray you like he did. Never.

Kelani gives a soft nod, the trio falling into silence. It takes a moment before David sings softly.

David: -singing-
Now is the time to seize the day
Stare down the odds and seize the day
Minute by minute, that's how you win it.
We will find a way
But let us seize the day.

Kelani: -chuckles- Newsies?

David: -sheepish grin- Newsies. Felt like it fit. Underdogs up against a giant conglomerate...

Keith: Underdogs who overcame the odds. -small smile- It doesn't matter how many of them there are. We've seen bigger odds, worse odds. We know these guys inside out. There's no reason to be scared of them.

David: Keith, courage cannot erase our fears. Courage is when we face our fears. -chuckles- Kelani, it's okay you're scared. Truth be told, so am I. With these guys, it's kill or be killed. We gotta be tougher than they are, meaner.

Kelani: No. That's not how we beat them.

David: -surprised- No?

Kelani: If we sink to their levels, we prove that their methods are better. We prove we're no better than they are. We have to show them we don't obey their cruel rules. We have to be us.

Keith puts a hand on her shoulder, nodding his approval. David looks towards the door, smiling as he sees Matt and Colt standing there. Matt's shirt is a dark blue with the yellow words "Not A Simple Sponge" while Colt's is red with the words "If I Were A Rich Man" in white. Both wear their ring gear, just as Keith does.

David: -playfully singing-
Behold the brave battalion that stands side-by-side
Too few in number and too proud to hide

He stops as he remembers the next lyric, head hanging low. Colt crosses over and puts a hand on his shoulder.

Colt: We'll change his mind, Max. He may be with them now, but he'll change his mind. He cares about you too much not to.

David wipes his eyes, looking at Colt with a chuckle.

David: Never thought we'd be on the same side. -chuckles- So. Who's gonna focus on who?

Matt: I got Mambo, bro. I can match him in speed, plus I can overpower him. I think I can get the up on him.

Keith: I got Eaver. I'm a little more his size and speed level. He may think today's the day, and he's sorta right. Today's the day I powerbomb his spine in two. -smirks- Tell me I'm wrong.

Kelani: Spike and I have become an almost measuring stick for each other here in NCWA. He's going down.

Colt: That leaves me with Parker. I've gone toe-to-toe with guys tougher than him. Plus, I owe them for the broken ribs they gave me. I also owe them for the hurt they put ya'll through.

David, Keith, and Kelani stand and move to form a huddle with Matt and Colt. They share a grin before it's the otherwise silent (for once) Matt who breaks the silence.

Matt: -singing, putting his hand into the middle of the circle-
Now is the time to seize the day.

Colt: -nods, joining in the singing and putting his hand on top of Matt's-
Stare down the odds and seize the day.

Kelani and Keith join in singing, placing their hands in the center with Matt and Colt. Kelani's hand is on top, Keith's just below hers.

The four members of Limitless Smiles: -singing-
Once we've begun
If we stand as one
Someday becomes somehow
And our prayers become a vow.

David grins and puts his hand on the top, joining in their singing with the final lyric, modified for the upcoming troubles they face.

David: And your reign starts right damn now.

The camera focuses on the view of the five hands on top of each other in the huddle, a sense of finality to the shot.

Limitless Smiles

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Ryan Sun May 31, 2020 7:42 pm

A red lollipop is pulled from full lips with an audible pop as the camera comes up. It pans out to show Joey Ryan, a charming smirk across his lips where the red lollipop now rests. Joey is seen dressed in a white shirt with mid-length sleeves underneath a ruby red vest. The background behind him is an emerald green wall, and we can only see him from the waist up. We realize it is just Joey and the camera, despite the fact that Joey starts singing to someone.

Joey: -singing-
People say it's quite unlikely
The two of us should stick
But I just tell them
"Hey! It's me and-"

The camera pans back more, and we can see what Joey is singing to now. The front of his pants is pulled forward, and his gaze is down the front of them.

Joey: -sings-
My dick!

He laughs, dropping his lollipop down the front of his pants. His gentle blue eyes glance toward the camera, and a smirk plays across his full lips.

Joey: I've been told my whole life that I wasn't going to stick somewhere. I paid my dues in the indies only to be told that I wasn't good enough for Impact Wrestling. It wasn't until I was let go from Impact that I found my road to fame. -smirks- I mean, I'd found it loads of times, but I finally found a way to use it to make money. I found the one thing that everyone in the wrestling world knows me for. Not all of 'em like it, but they all know me for it. It's the one thing synonymous with me. Tell me, Jimbo, is there one thing, just one, that the entirety of the wrestling world knows only you for?

Joey laughs and twirls the end of his mustache, his grin still on his lips.

Joey: I know what everyone is saying about this match. Even my Rae. Everyone thinks I'm a moron to let this match go on. They think I'm just a funny guy getting in too deep with this match. Am I a funny guy? Sure. Is a funny guy all that I am? Oh Jimmy, if you've done your research, then you know it's not.

The camera statics to show us footage of Joey Ryan, long before he ever used the Dong Flip. This is Joey when he was just known for his wrestling ability and just a little bit of sleaze. The footage stops, and the camera comes back up on Joey standing in front of the green wall.

Joey: That technical wizard? That's the Joey Ryan you're getting into the ring with Jimmy. Sure, I'm not all that man anymore. Why? -slight hesitation- Admittedly, I was scared. I've been scared. When Impact disposed of me, I wasn't sure of who I was anymore. So I hid my talent behind jokes. You know what they say, life's more painless for the brainless. And why should I think too hard when it's so soothing not to?

Joey courses a hand through his hair with an almost hesitant breath.

Joey: Now, Jimbo, I know you know what it's like to be tossed away by Impact. You were there a few weeks for your precious Rosemary. What happened while you were there? -playfully taps a finger against his chin- Oh yeah. Rosemary set Abyss and Steve on you. She didn't care about you. Why is now any different, hm? I'm doing you a favor by keeping her and Izzy away from the ring. After all, what's to say Marty wouldn't come after you to prove to Izzy what a man he is?

Joey hums to himself for a moment with a small smile. He twists the end of his mustache again, looking thoughtful.

Joey: Know what else they say, Jimothy? Life is fraughtless for the thoughtless. Those who don't try never look foolish. I didn't try for so long and purposefully made myself look foolish for one reason: so that the next time I did try, I wouldn't mind looking foolish. What are you going to do, Jimothy, when this funny boy beats you fair and square one-on-one? You won't have Rosemary or Izzy to blame. You won't even have Sally to try and take my head off with when you lose. You'll just have the knowledge that you failed against this funny boy. Who'll be the full then?

Joey pulls the lollipop from his pants, smirking gently as he puts it in his mouth.

Joey: No one mourns the wicked, Jimothy. And no one will care when you lose the World Class Division title.

The camera fades to black on the smirk Joey gives, the pop between his lips.
Joey Ryan
Joey Ryan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shea Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:28 am

Cody Rhodes is seen in his ring gear, a towel hanging around his neck. He looks as if he’s just been training. He sighs, the camera zooming out a bit to show he is watching Finn in a training ring with Arran, who seems unfocused. Finn knocks him to the mat, but rather than get back up to continue, Arran just lays there on his back. Finn is heard sighing and trying to encourage Arran as Cody turns away, shaking his head.

Cody: -mutters- This isn’t working...

The door to the gym opens to reveal Dia Banks and Kenny Omega. Both are dressed in their ring gear, Kenny wearing a leather jacket. Dia takes one look at the action going on in the ring as she enters, before looking at Cody.

Dia: What's going on?

Cody: -looks up, brushing a hand through his hair before responding- He’s not focused. He’ll get himself hurt if he’s like this in our match.

Dia: -nods and calls over to Arran- C'mere kid. Let's talk this out.

Looking up at Finn, Arran hesitates for a moment before sliding out of the ring and going over to them. Finn leans on the ropes, watching them.

Arran: -looking between them- ...what is it?

Cody: -gently- That’s what we’d like to know.

Dia: Cody says you're not focused. In this match, not having focus could get you hurt. Punk is not someone you can afford to not put focus on.

Kenny: Same for Jericho.

Arran frowns, looking for a moment like a scolded child. After a moment, Finn climbs out of the ring to join them, resting a hand on Arran’s shoulder.

Arran: But that’s the problem. The fact it IS guys like Punk and Jericho and...and the Rock of all people!

Finn: How’s that a problem? It’ll be a match for the history books!

Arran: -scoffs, shrugging Finn’s hand off his shoulder- You’re all bloody legends though. ...I don’t mean that in a bad way... Meanwhile, I get dismissed as nothing of concern in matches. I just get ‘never heard of ‘im’.

Dia gives a sympathetic nod, before a smirk crosses her lips.

Dia: Then you /make/ them hear you. When the world has screwed you, when the way you're treated has got you good and pissed, there's been one solution for as long as the world's began. You don't sit and take it. You stick it to the man.

Arran: -takes a moment to get it, raising an eyebrow when he recognises the words- Isn’t that?

Finn: -raises a fist in the air with a grin- Rant and rave! Scream and shout!

Kenny: -throws a punch at the nearby punching bag- Get all of your aggression out!

Dia: They try to pretend like they don't know you, let 'me know exactly where they /all/ can go.

Arran sighs and looks to Cody, expecting him to be more sensible.

Cody: Do it just as loudly as you can. Stick it to the man!

Finn: -as an example to encourage Arran- Old friend trashing the family’s rep?

Cody: -angry- Stick it to the man!

Kenny: Need to prove you're better?

Dia: -snarls- Stick it to the man!

Finn: Sick of everyone dismissing you? -he nudges Arran with his elbow, waiting expectantly-

Arran: -getting their point now, stomps his foot in frustration- Stick it to the man!

Dia: -smirks- Listen, Arran, I know where you're coming from. I was in your position before. I was the invisible man when I was in the Second City Saints. Now you get to prove what kinda fighter you are. You get to prove what you've been learning.

Arran: -nods- I getcha. Shouldn’t be worrying so much about what they think. I’d be better off showing them why thinking like that’s a damn mistake. -he smirks-

Kenny: DIY is involved too guys. I've fought both Ciampa and Gargano. They aren't push overs either.

Dia: To be fair, LaRae is a dream opponent. One of the few I have.

Cody: Oh no, we won’t the same mistake as the others, dismissing one team for the other.

Finn: Nooo. Or doing a Punk and passing off our whole team, besides Dia.

Dia gives a sheepish grin and rubs the back of her neck.

Dia: He's right though. I'm more opt to go after Rock and Jericho simply to prove I'm just as good as they are. -smirks- This is our way to prove to the "champs" that we're coming for them next. No matter what team.

Finn: Still doesn’t mean you’re the only one to watch out for. But hey, we can take advantage of his bias.

Cody: And show them we’re more than just names. Or someone to be ignored because of less professional experience.

Arran: -he smiles at them and nods- Damn right we will.

Kenny: There's no way they can stop the Bullet Club.

Finn: Of course they can’t!

Dia turns to Arran and gestures towards the ring.

Dia: You up to training with me? Might help show you that anger.

Arran: -nods- Sure. -he smiles gratefully at them all-

Dia claps him on the shoulder before climbing into the ring, the camera fading out on her and Arran in the ring together.
Shea
Shea

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Barrett Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:30 am

It appears that the dingy warehouse we open up on is empty, save for the two burly young men making their way through. Both at dressed in jeans and tank-tops, but it's not their appearances our attention is drawn to. It's their words.

Man #1: He's been gone for a while. No one's seen him in the scene.

Man #2: -scoffs- He went to that fake fighting. How tough can he still be?

The two men come to a door and the first knocks in code, the door opening to reveal a group of men in a circle. They seem to be chanting and jeering whatever is in the center of the circle. As the two men get closer to the circle, we can see what is going on. Though his back is to the camera, a man kneels over the top of another, sending fist after fist into the downed man's face. A white rag is thrown into the circle, and the man stands, turning to face the camera. It's Wade Barrett. His eye is blacked, and he spits at the ground. He wears no shirt, just a pair of jeans.

Wade: -snarl in his voice- Who's bloody next?

No one steps forward for a moment before the second man steps forward with a sneer.

Man #2: I'll fight you.

Wade smirks and cracks his knuckles, then his neck. He laughs and gestures to the center of the circle. Both men stare each other down before moving in on each other. This is a different style of fighting than we are used to. There is no lock-up, just two men throwing fists and elbows and headbutts. It is not too long before Wade has downed his enemy and stands over the man with an intensity, unlike anything we have seen from Barrett in the NCWA. He strides away and sneers into the camera.

Wade: It's been like this all night. Men thinking that just because my name hasn't been heard in these parts for a long while that I've lost my edge. Those bodies you've seen shows that I am still very much a force to be reckoned with, that I can destroy just as much as I once did.

He gives a sharp laugh and crosses his arms over his bare chest. We can see his veins in his arms, and he is coated with a light sheen of sweat.

Wade: Names hold power, don't they Martin? Take mine, for example. These strong men tremble when they hear it. They've got cause enough to fear it! I've spent more time than I would like to admit in places like this, winning fight after fight after fight. I proved myself here long before I ever started wrestling. -smirks- You know that more than anyone, don't you, Isadora?

There seems to be a softness in Wade for just a moment, but he pushes it down with a sneer.

Wade: We met in a place like this, didn't we Isa? I had taken a beating and you, oh, you were there to save me. You cared for me and I...I fell for you. The problem has always been that I am much older than you, gruffer than you. I knew, and have known, that no matter how much I love you, you deserve someone much better for you than I. You deserved someone younger, less...like me. -scoffs- But you were never good at being told no.

Wade shakes his head, trying to find how he wants to word it.

Wade: I don't know how long you and Isa have been together, Martin, but let me tell you why she's with you. Isa saw that I had made my way into a new company. She saw that you and I both had a good thing going, and because she couldn't ruin it any other way, she tricked you into doing all this. And you know what? I'm glad she did.

The look on Wade's face is a mix of humor and wrath, eyes drifting to the circle for a moment.

Wade: I do have to thank you, Martin. Seeing you in the ring, both in Defiant and the N.W.A., inspired me. It gave me the drive to get back into the ring, to prove I can handle the ring still. And then you decided to turn on me. -laughs- Bad news, mate. You see what I've done to those lads. You inspired this in me. You made me remember my roots. Now I want to show you, my friend. I don't want to wrestle. I want to fight. You boast the claim that you're better than me. You take my name in vain. Poor bloke. Honestly, it's a shame you're so green. After our match, you'll never be seen again.

The camera focuses on Wade turning to head back into the circle, the camera fading to black on the first punch he throws.
Wade Barrett
Wade Barrett

Back to top Go down

Post by Do Not Resuscitate Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:25 pm

[ The camera opens on a sunset over a clearing in the Welsh valleys. A bonfire crackles in the center of a circle made of two spread out blankets, and Chuck Mambo's infamous time-traveling van. In the back of the van sits Mambo, yellow and black plaid jacket hanging over his shoulders as he rests back against the chest of Jack Sexsmith, a red and white letterman jacket folded in his lap, we can see an LGBTQ+ pride pin glimmering on the fabric. To the left of the van on a blue blanket rests Spike Trivet, green and black plaid jacket folded in his lap, resting beneath the head of Drew Parker, whose red and black plaid jacket rests across his chest like a blanket. To the right of the vehicle on a red blanket lay William Eaver, wearing a simple white t-shirt, black jeans, and arm wrapped around an unfamiliar woman. The unknown woman wears a blue and black plaid jacket over a white blouse and matching plaid skirt. She nuzzles against the former pastor's chest. ]

Spike: It's a pleasure to have a woman of class such as yourself joining us, Ms. Couture.

William: She's lovely, isn't she, lads? Tell me I'm wrong.

Jack: I certainly can't argue that point, Billy boy, but why now?

[ The unknown woman, familiar to followers of the British independent scene as Jinny Couture, or simply Jinny, sits up on her blanket ]

Jinny: I know that seeing...Starr [ she sneers ] has been terribly difficult for you, love. He doesn't understand you. He doesn't understand your needs. We, however, do. My Billy thought that perhaps it would be helpful for you to have someone else to lead your troops into the upcoming battle.

Jack: You would do that for me, Jin?

Jinny: Jack, Jack, sweetheart. I grew up in Knightsbridge; I own dresses worth more than David Starr's house. It would be my pleasure to see his new pet project fall.

William: [ grins ] C'mon, pick a dress, you're my date to It's A Musical!

Drew: They tossed us aside like we were trash, for that they should be dead, but, but, but, then it hit me like a flash, what if we took down the poster boy and his pet project instead?

Jack: Those jokesters just don't see. They want to take these away from me. Boo, they've made you blind, messed up your mind, but we can set you free.

Chuck: When I wasn't getting booked, I fell apart, I punched a wall and cried. Then, I found these lads, changed my heart set loose all that true darkness inside.

Spike: Now, we have a plan. I advise you to run while you still can because I guarantee that you'll never see Revolution when we're done.

Chuck: [ cradling one of the titles close to him ] These were meant to be ours. We were meant to be one. [ He looks up at Jack ]Don't let him distract you now, it's time to finish what we've begun.

Spike: When Limitless Cunts dreams are crushed, and we get to watch them cry, I'll leave them a pamphlet explaining how we can help.

[ A voiceover fills the scene, a mix of voices of the competitors of the Syndicate Division ]

Voiceover: We, the competitors of Syndicate Division Will die. Our crushed bodies may finally get through to you. Your industry churns out slaves and blanks. No thanks. Signed, the competitors of Syndicate Division. Goodbye.

Spike: To hear Kelani's screams pour out the doors...

Chuck: I brought marshmallows! Who wants smores?

William: Just to relax and cuddle while the fire roars. [ He nuzzles Jinny gently ]

Jack: [ leans forward in the van, staring directly down the camera ] This was meant to be us. You were meant to be here, boo. Please don't pretend you're too good for us now; finish what we've begun. You were meant to be mine. We are all that you need. It doesn't have to come to this. They'll be left alone to bleed...

Spike: [ laughs ] It's over, lads. This little fantasy of your flatlines at It's a Musical, and the order has been given, Do Not Resuscitate.

[ The camera fades out as Chuck is passing smores to everyone ]

Do Not Resuscitate

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Barrett Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:04 am

The camera opens on what looks like a circus sideshow tent. A large spinning target spins in the center of the circus ring, knives sticking from it. One is tossed hard from the darkness, sticking in the target near the bullseye. From the darkness strides NCWA star Marty Scurll. He's traded his usual fur coat for a leather jacket which he wears over a black shirt that simply reads "villain" and a pair of leather pants. He crosses to the target and removes the knife, which glistens in the light.

Marty: You were the one that made a mistake, Barrett. You welcomed me at your side, into your life. You had seen how I treated those who have trusted me in the past. Yet, you thought, for some reason, that I was NOT a villain. -chuckles-

Marty hums to himself for a moment, before softly bringing the hand that is not holding the knife up to the rose pendant he wears.

Marty: You seem to think that I am some fawn-hearted little boy for my Iz, Barrett. I may be in love with her, yes, but I know why she initially chose me. She wanted you. The keyword is wanted. Isn't that right, Iz?

Isadora Ainsley steps from the darkness of the tent, dressed in a black leather jacket over a black rockabilly dress with a red belt cinched at the waist.

Izzy: You seem to think that I would spend my entire life chasing you, Barrett. That I would let my entire existence revolve around you. You were the one who said I deserved better. It's not our fault you introduced us.

Marty: Your trust in me was all it took. You trusted me, darling Barrett. You thought I was so sincere that there was no need to fear. You trusted me just like I trusted you. At least, for a while. Your beloved Iz opened my eyes to the truth.

Izzy: [ She gently strokes Marty's cheek ] He would have strung you along until he tired of you, just as he did me. You do not deserve to be weighed down by that.

Marty leans into her hand for a moment, eyes soft on Izzy.

Marty: Now, I'm no fool. Wade, you're a hard game to catch. You fight and refuse, oh, you're a wild little bruise. -sneers- At least, when you do fight. Before I took your hand and practically guided you back into the ring, you sat behind a damned desk for so long. I was hesitant that you were worth having as a partner. Maybe what I had for you was, well, pity.

Izzy: I tried to help him before you came along, lovie. Gods did I try, but you know how...cowardly he can be at times. When he's afraid of something especially.

Marty: Man is afraid of the ring. I guarantee you that's the reason we've lost the title matches we've been in so many times. He can't get his mind to stay in the ring. -laughs- Did you see his promo? He claims I'm green. Tell me, have I ever been injured in the ring? Hm?

Izzy: No, lovie.

Marty: Do you know how many times Wade was injured during his WWE run alone?

Izzy: Several.

Marty: Three that I counted. -laughs- Now which of the two of us sounds like the green one?

Izzy: He wasn't made for this business. You and I both know that.

Marty: He's a terrible leader, a brute of a man. He says he wants a fight? An actual fight? -smirks- This villain is more than happy to oblige.

Izzy: He's letting his emotions get the best of him. First mistake.

Marty: And his last mistake in this company will be actually showing up to this match.

Marty wraps an arm around Izzy, the light glinting off of the knife blade and cutting out our view.
Wade Barrett
Wade Barrett

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Havoc Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:30 pm

[ The camera opens on a dimly lit concrete building. To fans of PROGRESS Wrestling and their web series Freedom's Road, this is a familiar setting: The Progress Dojo, affectionately known as The Projo. The camera pans around to one of the training areas. Rosemary sits in a black dress, and a large-brimmed black hat. On the chair beside her sits a black and white striped suit jacket. The voice of Havoc's long time frenemy Zack Sabre Jr can be heard across the room. ]

Zack: Keep on 'im, Jimmy, don't let 'im up!

[ We can hear a scream from just out of the camera's view before we can see Jimmy and his training opponent Damian Dunne. Jimmy is dressed in a black tank top, and black and white striped pants to match the jacket we saw earlier. Dunne lets out another agonized wail as Jimmy wrenches back on the armbar he has the chief of the Anti Fun Police locked in ]

Jimmy: Can ya 'ear that sound, Courtney? That beautiful sound? That is the sound of clean, white, shorts turning brown.

[ Rosemary, or Courtney, as Jimmy is addressing her claps her hands excitedly. The camera turns to face her. Her face is clear of the paint normally smudged upon it. Instead, she wears dark back eyeshadow and matching dark lipstick. ]

Courtney: Torture and pain, breaking a brain.

[ Jimmy shifts his position, sitting and the small of Dunne's back as he wrenches on his neck. ]

Jimmy: Not this time, lovie. This time isn't about mind games like it was with Ms. Angle. No, this time is different. Joey Ryan doubts my technical skill. He thinks he can out-wrestle me. If I'm going to break anything when it comes to Joey Ryan, I'm going to feel his bones shatter under my fingers. I'm going to feel his joints pop free of their sockets. I 'ave two hundred and six opportunities to break Joey Ryan, and I intend to use every single one of them.

[ He shifts again, focusing now on the joint manipulation of Damian's fingers, then his wrists, and then his elbow. Damian wails. ]

Jimmy: The sound of a scream, is music to me, a sound that says fifteen months physiotherapy. Trauma and fear it sings in my ear. Ain't it the sweetest noise around? That beautiful sound?

At It's A Musical, I will revel in the feeling on Joey Ryan writhing in pain beneath my 'ands. I will write a symphony of suffering from his screams. I will feel the sensation of pure ecstasy from his panic and stress. The sound of his heart exploding inside his chest.

You think you've backed me into a corner, Joey. You think you've taken away my greatest assets, but what you've done, is caused me to dig into the deepest, darkest recesses of my mind, and believe me, that's not a place anyone wants to be.

[ He wrenches back on Damian's hand again, and the smaller man let's out another cry. The camera fades as Jimmy and are singing softly. ]

Jimmy and Courtney: All we wanna do is hear that sound. All we wanna do is hear that sound...
Jimmy Havoc
Jimmy Havoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum