National Championship Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[File 404: Name Not Found] Catering

3 posters

Go down

[File 404: Name Not Found] Catering Empty [File 404: Name Not Found] Catering

Post by Kai Anoai Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:16 am

A smug smirk played across Wade Barrett's lips as he made his way into the dining area. The food was meager, sure, but he mostly came to area's like this to hear gossip, be it about himself or not. And for some reason, Wade suspected that he was going to be on at least two people's lips.
Kai Anoai
Kai Anoai
Admin

https://ncwa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[File 404: Name Not Found] Catering Empty Re: [File 404: Name Not Found] Catering

Post by Shea Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:00 am

Just short of the counter were two men, clearly in the middle of a conversation. One was Miz, who was quickly growing short tempered as he demanded responses from the manager Elijah Bancroft. After a moment, he snapped at the elder man before turning and storming off, Bancroft seemingly unfazed by the display. With Miz gone, he simply scoffed and turned to grab his drink from the counter.
Shea
Shea

Back to top Go down

[File 404: Name Not Found] Catering Empty Re: [File 404: Name Not Found] Catering

Post by Wade Barrett Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:04 pm

Wade scowled as he watched Miz exit before turning back to Bancroft. The two had met before, back when Wade had been the general manager of the show that Olliephist worked. Back then, seeing the group had always put a smile on his face because, in part, he was reminded of his own career. Now, however, it would be interesting to have to compete with the other.

"Mr. Bancroft," Wade greeted, a semblance of a smile crossing his lips, "it has been far too long. I hope that Mizanin didn't give you too much trouble."
Wade Barrett
Wade Barrett

Back to top Go down

Post by Shea Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:30 pm

Drink in hand, Bancroft turned. His eyebrows raised at the sight of Wade, letting out an amused "Ha!" at the other man's question.
"It is funny you should ask! You know, it was you he was after information on." Bancroft said before sipping his drink.
Shea
Shea

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Barrett Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:43 pm

Wade rolled his eyes at the news, but he wasn't truly shocked. "Mizanin has always thought that he was better than me. I suppose someone took care of him last show."

Spud nervously looked towards their direction, before looking down at his plate. Egan still hadn't showed up and a part of Spud was worried that the man had met with Jimmy Havoc early.
Wade Barrett
Wade Barrett

Back to top Go down

Post by Shea Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:44 pm

"Hm. I suppose they did," Bancroft replied with a smirk. "That is what has him so worked up. He was hoping I knew something of the matter."

Running far later than he'd intended, Egan found himself dragging his feet as he arrived. Of course, it wasn't Spud, who he was supposed to be meeting with before his match that put him off, but the idea of the match itself.
Still, when he did reach catering, he flashed his usual grin, hiding any trace of concern.
"Sorry, got a bit held up..."
Shea
Shea

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Barrett Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:50 pm

Wade let a smirk play across his lips as he got his own drink, "What do you think you could even tell him about the situation? I assure you, I was backstage speaking with Martin the entire time."

Spud gave a comforting smile, reaching across the table and taking the other mans hand. "It's alright. I...I mean I knew you'd show up. Its not like Jimmy succeeded in...well...the man tried to decapitate you last show. Aren't you worried?"
Wade Barrett
Wade Barrett

Back to top Go down

Post by Shea Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:13 pm

"Nothing!" Bancroft scoffed, though he picked up on Wade's smirk. "He is a fool to assume otherwise. Why, we have only just now reacquainted!"

Worried?
Worried, he felt was an understatement, but Egan decided to try and downplay it. He let out a chuckle as he looked down at Spud's hand. "Oh no. It's all for show, there's no way he'd really..."
Shea
Shea

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Barrett Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:46 pm

"Exactly," Wade jovially grinned. It was odd for most to see a man who prided himself on his inability to connect with the rest of the roster greet the man in front of him as an old friend. "I was glad when I saw you and the Olliephist boys come join us. I rather miss Keaton and Terryn. Of course...you lot are the competition."

"Love...not to put a damper on your thoughts...you forget I worked with Rosemary and Jimmy, however briefly he was actually with Impact. I...I can assure you none of that is for show," Spud's brow furrowed.
Wade Barrett
Wade Barrett

Back to top Go down

Post by Shea Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:09 am

"Ah, but of course, there is no doubt about that!" Bancroft replied with a grin. "But that does not stop us from conversing off-screen, does it? If anything, it means we can work together- at least in terms of putting on a spectacular show for the fans."

Egan, giving up on his mask of calmness, groaned and laid his head on the table. "It's awful. I feel awful. I was stupid to ever think of messing with him..." he muttered.

Shea
Shea

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Barrett Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:13 am

Wade clapped the man on the back and gave me a jovial nod, "Come. Let me pay for your drink and food, if you need it. I would like to catch up."

Spud moved over to sit beside Egan instead of across from Egan. He wrapped an arm around Egan, trying to calm him down. "You didn't know he would do this. I could have warned you...this isn't your fault."
Wade Barrett
Wade Barrett

Back to top Go down

Post by Shea Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:36 am

"It would be impolite to refuse. And it would not do one good to work on an empty stomach," Bancroft said with a polite bow of his head. "I had hoped to catch up with you anyway, Mizanin has simply opened an opportunity!"

"I didn't see any benefit to showing him I was scared," he muttered. "'m just glad he hasn't dragged you into this bloody mess..."
He took a deep breath before lifting his head to look over at Spud. "Keep meaning to ask...did you want me out there, for your match?"
Shea
Shea

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Barrett Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:09 pm

"As I'm sure you know everybody needs a good opportunity," Wade chuckled with a nod of his head. "Get whatever you need, my treat. We can sit and have supper."

Spud shook his head, "He can try to drag me into this mess but he doesn't worry me. I'm going to stay out of this mess unless you need me to defend you. As for my match, don't worry about it."

Wade Barrett
Wade Barrett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down